This Contract Position is with one of our Direct Clients.Please reach out to Pratichi- pjhala(at)divihn(dot)com or Simoneta - spereira(at)Divihn(dot)com for more details about this position. You can also call Pratichi at (630) 847 0267 or Simoneta at 630 847 0953.
Job Title: Engineering Technician II
Location: Round Lake, IL
Duration: 7 months
Hours: standard working hours 8-5 (can be adjusted /- 1 hour if needed)
Every once in a while there will be an opportunity to WFH to do training and file reviews but this is primarily a lab based role.
Top 3 Technical Skills
- Familiarity with mechanical and HW measurement methods
- Troubleshooting electro-mechanical systems (without a troubleshooting guide as this project is an RandD project so they will be working with prototypes)
- Technical writing being able to document the work completed adequately
Top 3 Soft Skills
- Communication with COVID precautions communication is now taking alternate forms with less in person and more technology-enabled communication
- Teamwork and Collaboration despite 6 ft separations, there are teams involved in all of our work. Being able to work with a diverse group of engineers is a requirement including those not located in the US.
- Commitment to Quality we work with products that will be used to save and sustain lives, that fully reflect Client's Mission. A commitment to doing a high-quality job, all the time, is required for this role.
-attention to detail
-experience with technical documentation
-ability to work on a team.
-equivalent of 1-2 years internships or other work experience during college is ok for this too
Top Technical skills needed:
-troubleshooting using basic lab equipment such as scopes
-meters, analytical balances
-ability to understand technical schematics and specifications.
-strong computer experience with Microsoft tools, and statistical tools.
This is a position in an RandD lab that will usually require hands-on/on-site work.
Will they need to enter the cleanroom? NO
Any overtime, if yes how many hours: Overtime is not required but may be requested by the program periodically.
the main purpose of the job
Work on assignments that are simple or moderately complex in nature where judgment is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations.
Normally receives no instruction on routine work, general instructions on new assignments. Apply basic techniques and procedures to assigned projects
primary responsibilities of this role that account for 5% or more of the work.
- The incumbent will perform other duties assigned.
- Responsible for performing a wide variety of research and/or development laboratory tasks and experiments.
- May make detailed observations, analyze data and interpret results.
- Maintain laboratory equipment and inventory levels for laboratory supplies.
- May write experimental reports, summaries and protocols.
- May also develop and maintain record keeping for experiment performed.
- Perform limited troubleshooting and calibration of instruments. Individual usually is assigned routine assembly and testing portions of projects (e.g. Product performance and software script testing).
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
List knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Good written and verbal communication skills
Basic computer skills such as word processing, data entry and e-mail
Basic science and/or math skills
Team orientation Includes the education and experience that is necessary to perform the job satisfactorily.
BS/BA preferred, the equivalent of 1-2 years experience
About us: DivIHN, the 'IT Asset Performance Services' organization, provides Professional Consulting, Custom Projects, and Professional Resource Augmentation services to clients in the Mid-West and beyond. The strategic characteristics of the organization are Standardization, Specialization, and Collaboration.
DivIHN is an equal opportunity employer. DivIHN does not and shall not discriminate against any employee or qualified applicant on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status.