Position Title :: Engineering Technician A 20089
Duration :: 12 Months
Locations :: San Diego, CA 92121
The Engineering Technician is responsible for performing functions associated with engineering design, development, and test, working with engineers in test equipment set-up and calibration tasks, debugging, and performing rework
• Sets up test apparatus and conducts tests of assemblies and units following methods, procedures, standards, and sequences.
• Collects and evaluates operating data to conduct on-line adjustments to products, instruments or equipment.
• Determines and may assist in developing methods and procedures to control or modify the engineering process.
• Works with engineers in conducting experiments.
• Adjusts and calibrates systems as needed.
• Modifies equipment by adding, removing, or altering components as defined by predetermined diagrams and sketches.
• Corrects malfunctions by making adjustments or replacing parts or components as directed.
• Uses hand and small power tools, and various measuring and testing devices in performing job duties.
• May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.