Role: Engineering Tech
Duration: 1 Year Rolling Contract (Opportunity to Roll Perm)
Location: Jacksonville, FL (10% National & International Travel Required)
In this role you will be a key part of Mechanical Engineering team supporting highly automated Manufacturing Platforms with continuous improvement design solutions in support to the growth of base business, new product introductions, reliability based asset management and new equipment / enabling technologies.
In this role you will be applying fundamental engineering skills to the planning, development and design of processes and equipment. You will directly oversees the supervision of sub-contractors to ensure company and government specifications have been met from beginning of design process through installation and start-up processes. Additionally, you will evaluate current processes and equipment and make recommendations to improve product quality, efficiency, yield and safety.
- Provides technical and process support for the improvements to the production line.
- Design, develop, install, and test improvements - both hardware and software.
- Support process improvements, address quality issues, provide protocol support, and manage deployment of enhancements to the line. Utilizes Process Excellence tools
- Maintain current knowledge and adhere to provisions of Engineering Standards / best practices, FDA, OSHA, GMP, MPs, ISO 9001, ISO 14001, equipment specifications and process specifications
- Support new products and new installations. Create, review, and update electro/mechanical drawings, operating manuals and procedures, maintenance and calibration procedures, and training manuals as required by the scope of projects that are assigned
- Investigate alternative methods and procedures to reduce variability and improve equipment reliability
- Assist in the design of experiments, under operational and developmental conditions, to decrease cycle times, increase yields, and improve machine reliability, repeatability and standardization
- Adheres to shop safety, environmental safety, product quality, ergonomics and hazardous energy control
- Provides technical training to Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) in Operations on new equipment
- Adheres to environmental policy and procedures and supports department environmental objectives
- Minimum 5+ year of engineering experience preferred
- Maintenance or engineering experience with high volume production line environment is preferred.
- Working knowledge and troubleshooting skills in the following areas:
- Process improvement, PLC systems, electro/mechanical devices, robotic/servo systems, safety devices, equipment installation, debug and qualification, control circuitry development, electro-mechanical troubleshooting/repair, equipment prototyping, production start-up, equipment process development and mechanical devices, controller, mechanical fabrication design, electrical & mechanical prints
- Experience working in a technical or vocational industry
- Competent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to handle multiple tasks. Good organizational skills. Ability to work in an empowered work team environment.
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.