Engineer Tech We're coming up withways to build the world's most incredible foodservice equipment; we're thinkingoutside the box to design efficient and reliable components; and we're bringinginnovation to life each and every day with dreamers like you.
As Engineering Tech - you will beresponsible for assisting with Beverage machine performance testing and datacollection tasks related to: product variants; test fixtures; NPI (New ProductIntroduction) verification and validation activities. This position istechnical and hands on in nature.
Reporting directly to the SupervisorEngineering; this position is located at Welbilt's Multiplex facility* in Sellersburg,IN.
We put the 'fast' in fastfood and the refinement in fine dining. We put the icy refreshment in sodas andthe 'rocks' in signature cocktails. Be part of an industry thattouches every life. Advance your career with the leader in foodserviceinnovation!
- Conduct product and component development and performance tests.
- Evaluate field return product and components.
- Act as a first line advisor and liaison between Project Managers, Engineers, Model Makers, and Designers.
- Provide product information to other resources.
- Write Engineering documents such as T-specs, Deviations, ISO's, OMS's, etc.
- Lead and direct Manufacturing Engineers, Manufacturing Supervisor, Quality Technicians, Designers, Model makers and other Lab Technicians on projects.
- Provide direction for design layout and product configuration to Designers and Engineers.
- Participate on component, system, refrigeration, electrical and electronic design concept teams.
- Conduct agency approval, service diagnostic, and manufacturing product audit tests.
- Participate on problem solving teams.
- Maintain Lab tools and equipment.
- Associate's degree or one-two year diploma; with a minimum of one year experience in an HVAC, Electro-mechanical field required or will consider a minimum of four years of experience in related HVAC, Electro-Mechanical field, in lieu of degree.
- General knowledge of Engineering software (NI and Fluke data collection, Modbus)
- General electrical knowledge.
- Ability to read CAD drawings and use measuring devices.
- Ability to gas-braze.
- E.P.A. Type I, II refrigerant handling certification. (or successfully acquire within 6 months)
- Able to set-up and operate refrigeration process equipment.
- Strong computer, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Familiar and able to work with Microsoft Office programs.
- Must be able to tolerate occasional exposure to extreme temperatures.
* Welbilt, Inc. (formerly ManitowocFoodservice) - designs, manufactures and supplies best-in-class food andbeverage equipment for the global foodservice market. Welbilt offers customers unparalleledoperator and patron insights, collaborative kitchen solutions, culinaryexpertise and world-class implementation support and service, whether locationsare around the corner or across the globe. With operations in the Americas, Europe and Asia, the company has aportfolio of best-in-class brands including Cleveland, Convotherm®, Delfield®,Frymaster®, Garland®, Kolpak®, Lincoln, Manitowoc® Ice, Merco®, Multiplex®,Merrychef®, Servend® and Manitowoc® Beverage Systems.