BCforward is currently seeking highly motivated Engineering Technician for an opportunity in New Britain, CT 06051
Title: Engineering Technician
Location: New Britain, CT 06051
Expected Duration: 6 Months Contract
Support the testing, development, and application of diesel fuel filters and accessories used in our fuel system products by providing R&D Lab Technician services involving fabrication, assembly, testing, and data reporting.
* Fabricate and troubleshoot various mechanical and/or fluid systems
* Perform testing in accordance with engineers instructions and written procedures
* Manipulate data in MS Excel and create test reports in MS Word following established procedures
* Participate in the fabrication, operation and maintenance of small and large test equipment
* General mechanical fabrication techniques and ability to interpret mechanical drawings
* Attention to detail
* General familiarity with basic hand tools and fluid connections
* Experience with MS Excel and MS Word
* Knowledge of test, measurement, and automation equipment preferred, including gauges and torque wrenches
* Previous experience in an R&D lab environment is a plus.
* Training in automotive technology or other mechanically technical field.
* Equivalent technical experience would also be considered
* Associates degree in mechanical technology disciplines a plus
* Demonstrate ingenuity and creativity
* Good oral / written communication and presentation skills
* Ability to work as member of a team, and independently when required
* Good organizational and planning skills
* Analytical and problem solving ability
* Ability to learn quickly and grow within an organization
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 129081 when responding to this ad.