The primary purpose of this job is to perform semi-standardized or semi-prescribed assignments requiring judgmental and problem solving skills. Selects or adapts standard procedures or equipment. Receives initial instructions, equipment requirements, and technical advice from supervisor or engineer. Performs non-routine assignments and provides technical support to engineers often having similar duties and standards. Performs complex troubleshooting; repairs, modifies and maintains systems and/or equipment. Analyzes data, evaluates systems and processes and makes decisions regarding modifications, if necessary. Depending on location, may use CAD software and assist with blueprints and tool design. May derive and carry out testing methods and/or interpret drawing and specifications.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Adheres to Integer's Values and all safety, environmental, security and quality requirements including, but not limited to: Quality Management Systems (QMS), Safety, Environmental and Security Management Systems, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, company policies and operating procedures, and other regulatory requirements.
- Sets up and runs experiments and/or tests apparatus with direction.
- Designs, recommends, assembles, and installs equipment/apparatus and processes for product fabrication, research and development, or analysis and testing.
- Writes instructions and trains personnel in proper techniques to utilize systems, equipment, and processes.
- Troubleshoots. May repair, modify, and/or maintain systems and/or equipment.
- Provides input in evaluation of equipment and processes.
- Writes technical reports and other required documentation.
- Interacts with and advises other departments.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum Education: Associate's degree in technical field with 3-5 years relevant experience OR a high school graduate with 7-10 years relevant experience.
- Minimum Experience: Associate's degree in technical field with 3-5 years relevant experience OR a high school graduate with 7-10 years relevant experience.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Special Skills: Excellent organizational and communication skills - written and verbal.
- Specialized Knowledge: Ability to read technical drawings/prints. Computer operation skills. Mechanical aptitude. Product knowledge helpful.