Job Title: Engineering TechnicianLocation: Rochester NY 14606
Duration: 12 months
Perform technical support of engineers performing research & development of complex and technical image-based aerospace products, equipment, and systems. Applies engineering standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques. Perform technical tasks in electrical, mechanical, optical, software, systems, and/or hardware components. Work may encompass a wide range of cross-disciplined technical activities. This role may involve working with engineers on the design, development, or evaluation of new or existing products and systems. Perform tasks in a team environment.
* Use chemicals and cleaning agents to clean aerospace hardware and support hardware
* Prepare chemicals for storage and use
* Use various tools and equipment to measure contamination (particle counters, scanners, analyzers, evaporators, microscopes, etc.)
* Verify Hardware cleanliness using various procedures (visual, particulate, tape method, swab method, NVR, etc.)
* Perform facility and work area audits and certifications
* Understand and apply the proper cleaning techniques based on work orders
* Able to lift 50lbs items
* Operate high pressure hose/washer system
* Perform ultrasonic cleaning system operation
* Perform steam cleaning operation
* Perform UV light inspection for cables and hardware
* Perform bagging and labeling of hardware
* Performs special assignments as requested. May be required to perform work of lower and higher classification.
* Proactively plans basic tasks as defined.
* Has a good grasp of routine & specialized technical skills and demonstrates capability.
* Has a basic understanding of cost and scheduling mechanisms.
* Provide basic technical data for proposal estimates.
* Adheres to Corporate Values.
* Demonstrates an understanding of contract task requirements.
* Assists in task readiness and execution per documented procedures.
* Performs basic tasking per procedures and guidelines.
* Effectively organizes and communicates.
* Interfaces with engineers and customers through the decision making process.
* Speaks clearly and concisely, presenting ideas effectively to individuals or groups.
* Identifies problems and suggests a solution.
* Demonstrate appropriate computer knowledge.
* Demonstrates appropriate computer applications capability.
* Understands and adheres to established policies, procedures and proper labor charging practices.
* Requires HS Diploma or GED, A.A.S preferred, with 5+ years of work experience in a related technical field such as mechanical, electrical, photographic discipline.
Preferred Additional Skills:
* Thermal Vacuum Chamber experience
* High Vacuum experience
* Data logging using thermocouples and pressure gauges
* MS Excel proficiency
* Clearance if desired
* Cleanroom experience