12 Month Contract to Hire
Brooksource is looking to bring on an engineering technician for one of our fastest growing medical device clients in Jacksonville, Florida.
As a recognized expert within the control's environment the STL will operate in a lead capacity giving direction to on shift technicians driving machine uptime. The STL has wide opportunities of exposure to new and changing environments. As an STL you will have direct impact on new equipment installations, obsolescing equipment as replacements and upgrades as they are directly supporting equipment across 3 generations of production equipment.
- Fault-find complex automation equipment
- Work with the team to develop strong proficiencies problem solving within the lens manufacturing environment.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of all control systems currently in use across the entire plant including PLC's, vision systems, lasers, Barcode readers, RFiD readers, Robots and networks.
- Develop and publish comprehensive trouble shooting articles for complex problems.
- Be part of the knowledge transfer process growing the technical skills of on shift personnel.
- Operate as first point of contact for automation software related line down problems.
- Work directly with Automation Engineers to develop solutions for line run ability issues.
- Growth opportunities into the Automation Engineering group. Development opportunity depending on individual career aspirations
- A 2-year degree or equivalent work experience in a computing or software environment is preferred
- Experience in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Experience in Medical Device or high-volume manufacturing environment
- Good troubleshooting skills.
- Deep understanding of servo motor closed loop control systems
- Deep understanding of process PID control
- Deep understanding of logical and sequence control.
- Deep understanding of Robot control systems.
- Experience with PLC Programming languages and troubleshooting. Rockwell and Siemens a Plus.
- Additional knowledge of vision systems and RFID technology would be useful.
- Ability to work within and efficiently with diverse groups.
- Sound computing skills
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.