Current Secret Security Clearance is required
We ensure the best healthcare by upgrading critical HIT infrastructure worldwide. We prepare Defense Health Agency (DHA) Medical Treatment Facilities (MTFs) and associated clinics for the DOD electronic health record (EHR) known as MHS GENESIS. Based on the standards established by the Medical Community of Interest (Med-COI), the scope includes systems engineering, technical, and management support services to multiple federal organizations responsible for providing and delivering health care services; including the Defense Health Agency (DHA) and the United States Coast Guard (USCG). This support encompasses the information technology infrastructure, systems, and technologies required to support the delivery and execution of the medical mission.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The system architect will provide leadership and technical oversight for the teams performing the site upgrades. This includes aligning with the customer priorities, MHS GENESIS deployment waves, Med-COI standards, and making secure infrastructure decisions. This position demands a keen eye toward automation and continuous process improvement to ensure that we meet the facility needs as they relate to DHA's Enterprise Med-COI architecture. In this key position, the system architect interfaces with DHA architects as well as engineering leads within the program ensure site infrastructures are ready for the MHS GENESIS upgrade.
A successful candidate will have proven experience designing and implementing system architecture, modernizing existing systems architecture, and possess the communication skills necessary to earn stakeholder buy-in and the leadership for respect of the team. This position will coordinate with project managers responsible for site upgrades as well as technical leads to establish checklists, SOPs, and continuously improving with each deployment. These are the systems engineering areas we are focused on:
- Desktop-as-a-Service - standardized and centrally managed desktop configuration and application virtualization capabilities across physical and virtual desktops
- Compute and Storage Management Service - provides a uniform and universal compute and storage platform to host, deliver, and sustain Managed Health Services (MHS) applications and IT services
- Directory Services and Enterprise Management - provides role-based IdAM to network and computing resources
- Med-COI - the medical mission partner COI that implements the DoD's Joint Information Environment (JIE) architecture for defense healthcare
- Future Programs and Technologies - evaluate future DHA programs and projects including milCloud, virtual workspaces/desktops, and automation including continuous monitoring, patching, ATOs, monitoring, triage, and workflows
- Plans network infrastructure using advanced modeling techniques and in-depth analysis.
- Plans implementation of enhancements and upgrades to the network.
- Provides technical direction and frameworks to meet business needs.
- Serves as a key representative and subject matter expert on major network initiatives.
- Creates, updates, and maintains networking standards and guidelines.
- Writes technical and business documentation regarding network infrastructure.
- Leads high level scoping and costing activities of network infrastructure implementation.
- Participates and contributes to the overall strategy, design and documentation of networks.
- Plans and implements highly complex changes to the network environment.
- Creates presentations/solutions and articulate plans to leadership and stakeholders.
- Collaborates with business users, technical staff and management to define business and technical requirements.
- Evaluates and recommends new products, maintains knowledge of emerging technologies for application to the enterprise based on business requirements.
- Provides technical leadership for Network Engineers, Server Engineers and Desktop Administrators.
- Interacts with external vendors to evaluate technology changes, including licensing and contracts, and their impact on the business.
- (15) years of experience in Engineering, Systems Analysis, Medical Systems, Information Assurance, Web Development, or Engineering Management to include: Systems Analysis, Systems Architecture, Systems/Equipment Support, Test and Evaluation, and Logistics support of C4ISR requirements.
- Active Secret security clearance is required
- Three (3) years of technical experience in support of information assurance/network protection or virtualization projects.
- BS degree in Engineering, Physics, Network Security, Information Systems, Information Technology or Computer Science.
- Maintains excellent understanding of current IT trends, key vendors and their impact on business strategies.
- Excellent business and technical communication skills, both written and oral, and the ability to convey results in a persuasive manner and at the appropriate level of detail.
- Experience architecting, designing, implementing, and maintaining complex network infrastructures.
- Proven ability to assist in providing technology analysis, recommendation and business case development for client requests requiring new or enhanced products/services to ensure development of efficient systems in alignment with company strategic direction.
- Proven ability to conduct vendor/product analysis, evaluation, certification and recommendation of new or enhanced IT vendor products/services.
- Proven ability to develop and manage infrastructure design patterns, standards, blueprints, application frameworks, configurations, product technical solutions and roadmap.
- Excellent technical knowledge of network, security and storage infrastructure including: local area networks, wide area networks, wireless networking, VPN, firewalls, routers, switches, load balancers, WAN optimizers, endpoint security and encryption, proxy servers, digital certificates, data center management and cabling standards.
- Superior knowledge of networking hardware, software, standards, best practices, and industry trends.
- Highly analytical and logical; skilled at problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and tactical level.
- Proven ability to plan and execute effective strategies that have led to measurable business growth.
Note: Experience may be concurrent. Advanced degrees substitute for experience as follows: Ph.D. - five (5) years of experience; MS - three (3) years of experience.
- Experience in DOD MTFs
- Advanced engineering certification(s) such as CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, MCSE, MCITP, MCSA
- Located in Charleston, SC
- Experience performing Med-COI upgrades
- Health IT infrastructure experience
- Security certification, such as CISSP
- Cloud certification(s) with Azure, AWS, or Google CSPs
- Advanced degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, management information systems or related technology field
Work Location and Travel
- The primary work location is Charleston.
- Up to 50% Travel domestic and worldwide.
U.S. Citizenship Required: Yes #CJPost