SNI Technology's client is seeking to hire an Enterprise Messaging Systems Analyst for an exciting full-time, permanent position located in San Francisco, CA.
Guided by department objectives and priorities this hire will be responsible for performing analysis, implementation, documentation, maintenance and support of the messaging and collaboration environment and tools. Successful applicants will possess expert level knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange (2007-2016), Outlook, Lync Server (2010-2013), and Skype for Business in order to design and develop upgrade and implementation strategies, monitor servers and storage capacity, and deploy patch management strategies. We are looking for you to apply technical and business knowledge to create innovative solutions and support.
Technical and Support Responsibilities:
- Possess expert level knowledge for the analysis, deployment, and support of the Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange environment and directly related systems (Outlook and Skype for Business) for the Firm. Collaborate with firm wide and local office technical analysts to architect the deployment, support and maintenance of these productivity tools.
- Analyze, implement and integrate collaboration and messaging tools in the environment including Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Avaya Modular Messaging, Microsoft Skype for Business, faxing tools, MS Outlook, Blackberry Enterprise Servers and devices. Provide third-tier support for the messaging and collaboration tools and related environment.
- Manage the support of the Active Directory and Exchange environment including maintenance of the Exchange databases, server clusters, and supporting the email client at the Firm in a virtual setting via Citrix and OWA. Knowledgeable in VMWare installation, migration and troubleshooting as it pertains to exchange.
- Assist in the support of the Blackberry and MDM and related messaging systems deployment, support, billing and troubleshooting.
- Work closely with vendors and colleagues to ensure the collaboration and messaging applications are current and patching and maintenance is done in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of scripting tools and language to automate repetitive tasks and streamline support.
- Evaluate and recommend technology solutions for enhancing departmental goals and objectives.
- Adhere to departmental policies such as thorough testing of application updates, changes, or patches in a non-production environment and observe Change Management policies and procedures.
- Log technical support incidents and requests into the ticket management system from live calls, email, and voice mail systems. Monitor support center incidents assigned to the team to ensure SLAs and OLAs are met for responding to and resolving incidents. Provide succinct and pertinent updates to incidents indicating acted upon resolution and communication to user. Participate in Problems and Knowledge initiatives and other process improvements.
- Prepare and update technical documentation; ensure non-technical decision makers understand technical matters.
- Reachable via the firm provided smartphone outside of standard working hours as needed.
Project Management Responsibilities:
- Serve as project and/or team lead in the selection of vendor applications and development of user business requirements.
- Select or assist in the selection of vendor applications for a targeted department or function, including working with internal firmwide clients to identify and define requirements, researching available vendor packages, organizing demos, providing analysis of packages, and acting as a liaison between the Firm and the vendors.
- Adhere to timelines, budgets and milestones while paying close attention to detail and deliverables.
- Utilize the IT Project site and keep projects, SOWs, and milestones updated.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in related field and / or five or more years of experience supporting and administering an Active Directory and Exchange environment.
- Expert level knowledge of unified messaging and faxing tools.
- Strong level knowledge of Active Directory, Exchange and MS Office (Outlook), Microsoft Certification preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of MS servers, Avamar, SANs, and Active Directory.
- Strong knowledge of Blackberry Enterprise Server and Mobile Device Management (MDM).
- Experience with MimeCast and or Cloud filtering platforms, and MS SharePoint is desirable.
- Experience working with and supporting Microsoft Lync. Experience with VOIP integrations with the Lync client is desirable.