Here at Discount Tire, we celebrate the spirit of our people with extraordinary pride and enthusiasm. Our business has been growing for more than 60 years and now is the best time in our history to join us. We are opening more locations every year and we are always looking for qualified individuals to join us in our growth.
The Enterprise Portfolio Manager is responsible for supporting business strategy and governance decisions related to both technical and non-technical project and program selection and delivery. Ensures a flexible and easy process for performing investment analysis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partners with Company leaders to maintain a governance process for proposing, selecting. sequencing, and monitoring active projects and programs.
- Works closely with the Portfolio Steering Committee, Business Relationship Owners and Project/Program Managers to ensure the portfolio management process is easy and communicated to program/project requesters/owners.
- Acts as Product Owner for the CA PPM tool.
- Manages the project portfolio reporting and processes, such as risks and issues management, project interdependencies, portfolio financials, as well as other ad hoc reporting.
- Is responsible for the production and communication of Capacity/Demand analysis, portfolio staffing plans, portfolio financial tracking, etc.
- Facilitates Portfolio Steering Committee and Project Review Board meetings and ensures decisions are documented and communicated.
- Partners with company leaders and other key stakeholders to capture, define and prioritize opportunities, programs and/or projects based on predefined criteria.
- Working with Business Segment Leaders, Project Sponsors and project leadership prepares a single view of the enterprise portfolio, which includes program / project performance metrics and benefits realization.
- Supports communication when escalation to executive leadership is necessary.
- Participates in the development, maintenance and dissemination of templates, measures and process information used in support of portfolio management and analysis and PMO Methodology.
- Maintains a commitment to providing outstanding customer service to each customer.
- Supports the corporate vision, mission and strategy in all actions and communications.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- This position requires at least seven years of business industry and IT industry work experience.
- Candidates must demonstrate organization mastery, thought leadership, financial and budgetary capability, along with the ability to be flexible.
- In addition, this position requires at least five years of experience managing programs, projects and/or project portfolios.
- This position also requires excellent leadership, management, interpersonal, analytical, communication, organizational, problem solving skills, and objective decision-making ability.
- Preferred: experience with Clarity PPM.
Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree or equivalent work experience in Business Administration/Management, Project Management, Computer Science, or related field. Project Management Certification required.
Normal work days are Monday through Friday. Occasional Saturdays and Sundays may be necessary.
Normal work hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Additional hours may be necessary.