Under limited supervision, researches, conducts experiments, gathers data, develops preliminary findings and prepares written reports for the development of new products beginning at conception through successful commercialization. Drives project timelines, creates technical proposals and reports, and makes recommendations.
- BS in Food Science, Science or related fields
- Pro-active self-starter, willing to accept responsibility for business tasks
- Ability to independently manage project work.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrate ability to communicate well and to effectively influence and interact with others to accomplish research goals.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software
- Problem solving skills
- Requires knowledge in food product design, formulation, ingredient functionality and interaction, process design, product scale-up, plant testing and commercialization
- Good understanding of food industry standards of quality and foods safety, and FDA regulations.
- Work in and around cramped/confined spaces; Climbing to various heights via stairs or ladders
- Exposure to manufacturing environments for periodic extended work days to include: loud noise, excessive heat, cold, wet, and slippery conditions.
- Exposure to food tasting and smells including all food allergens