DLZ Corporation is a leader in design and construction of our public infrastructure. We provide construction management, inspection and testing on a diverse range of projects. Our engineers and field personnel are experienced, trained, and certified for the inspection and testing of construction projects. Our team-oriented approach allows us to facilitate solutions to construction issues and provide fully integrated services.
DLZ Corporation is an award-winning, full-service organization, which has provided complete project management, surveying, construction administration, engineering and architectural design services for nearly 100 years. In 2016, DLZ was named Design Firm of the Year by Engineering News-Record (ENR) Midwest. In addition, DLZ is consistently ranked as one of (ENR)'s Top 150 U.S. Design Firms, a Top 100 Pure Design Firm, Top 50 Program Management Firm, Top 100 Construction Management for Fee Firm; and a Top 50 Trenchless Design Technology Firm. DLZ has also been recognized by Roads & Bridges magazine as a Top 'Go-To' Design Firm for road and highway, storm water, and mass transit design.
DLZ Corporation has rewarding Entry Level Civil Engineer opportunities in Pittsburgh, PA.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform engineering, construction, and design assignments, requiring a solid grasp of civil engineering and the exercise of professional judgment. Typically given projects of limited complexity.
- Assist Project Manager in design and solution of engineering problems, preparation of reports, economic and technical feasibility studies, and studies aimed at evaluating alternative systems, equipment, materials or engineer¬ing methods.
- Perform field testing of soils, concrete, observation testing of water, sewer mains, and manholes.
- Provide clear and concise documentation of all construction project activities and quantities.
- Perform analyses and design required for water mains and sewers, minor structures, systems and equipment items.
- Prepare sketches and diagrams for use by technicians. Review and check detailed drawings and layouts.
- Assist in the preparation of reports, economic and technical feasibility studies, and studies aimed at evaluating water and sewer systems, alternative systems, equipment, materials or engineer¬ing methods.
- Assist in the preparation of contract / proposals specifications and construction cost estimates.
- Review Contractor's shop drawing submittals.
- Perform construction monitoring and coordinate field activities.
- Perform all work in a safe and responsible manner, in accordance with the Health and Safety Plan.