Highland Heights, KY
A great way to get your foot in the door with a global clinical research company!
This is an entry level lab opportunity – the client is looking for candidates that have reliable transportation, comfortable passing a drug screening/background check and have an excellent ability to follow directions.
Performs duties and training to acquire the skills required for sample and standard handling in support of the laboratory. Provides support to Sample Coordinator and performs administrative tasks in the Sample Management department. Follows SOPs, applicable client procedures, and fulfills laboratory requests with modest direct supervision.
Essential Functions and Other Job Information: Essential
- Performs a variety of simple inventory tracking procedures (receipt, check-in, login, labeling, inventory, transport, check-out, etc.) and administrative tasks in support of laboratory operations.
- Communicates status of tasks to supervisor and/or appropriate laboratory staff.
- Trains on SOPs, regulatory guidelines, and storage requirements.
- Supports response to environmental unit alarms and may participate in on-call responsibilities.
- Performs daily work assignments accurately, timely and in a safe manner.
ReceivedNormally receives detailed instructions on all work. Works under close supervision.Business
RelationshipsContacts are primarily within immediate work unit. Contacts involve obtaining or providing information requiring little explanation or interpretation.
Education and Experience:
- High / Secondary school diploma or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
- Technical positions may require a certificate
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 0 to 1 year) or equivalent combination of education, training, & experience
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
- Time management skills
- Ability to maintain detailed tracking and documentation clearly and accurately according to SOP
- Written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
Working Conditions and Environment:
- Work is performed in a clinical environment. Ability to work within potentially stressful deadlines.
- Exposure to biological fluids with potential exposure to infectious organisms.
- Work is performed in an office and/or a laboratory and/or a clinical environment with exposure to electrical equipment.
- Occasionally drives to site or client locations, occasionally travels within the United States.
- Exposure to biological fluids with potential exposure to infectious organisms. Rare exposure to skin and lung irritants, radiation, toxic materials and hazardous waste.
- Personal protective equipment required such as protective eyewear, garments and gloves.
- Exposure to fluctuating and/or extreme temperatures on rare occasions
- Frequently stands, twists waists, squats, and bends neck for 4--6 hours per day.
- Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists. Ability to make precise coordinated movements, of the fingers to grasp and manipulate objects.
- Frequent mobility required.
- Occasional crouching, stooping, bending and twisting of upper body and neck.
- Moderate lifting (or otherwise movement, carrying, setting, and placement)of 15-40 lbs. with a maximum lift of 50 lbs.
- Ability to access and use a variety of computer software developed both in-house and off-the-shelf.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- May interact with others, relating and gathering sensitive information. Interaction includes diverse groups.
- Works with guidance or reliance on oral or written instructions from management. May require periods of intense concentration.
- Performs a wide range of variable tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions with little predictability as to the occurrence. Ability to perform under stress. Ability to multi-task.
- Regular and consistent attendance.