GHD is searching a candidate with strong interpersonal communication skills who will build valuable relationships with clients and the community. You will need to be flexible in your approach to challenges, and have a strong ability to think laterally in delivering technical project solutions.
The selected candidate will be tasked with supporting and leading an increase in GHD’s environmental sector presence in Georgia and surrounding states (AL, SC, NC). The candidate will require a strong technical background in environmental assessment, remediation, and compliance including demonstrated success managing multi-discipline environmental projects. The candidate will also have demonstrated strong leadership and client relationship skills. Experience and demonstrated success working with large, private sector clients in the Georgia market is preferred.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Project management and leadership of various environmental assessment, remediation, and compliance projects including maintenance of project scope, schedule, budget and quality through the coordination of project teams and via direct client communication
- Participate in and lead project teams in the planning, design, and execution of various environmental compliance, assessment, and remedial programs
- Support existing GHD clients with the implementation of cost-effective and innovative solutions to address their environmental liabilities and concerns
- Identify and support business development, client expansion, and proposal development activities for GHD’s environmental practice based in Atlanta, Georgia
- Supervise, mentor, and lead a group of entry-level and junior environmental professionals to develop a team of individuals with technical and social seller/doer skills
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Environmental Engineering, Geology, or a related field of study required
- Professional (PE, PG) preferred
- 5 to 10 years of progressive environmental project experience including the coordination and management of projects consisting of site investigation, remediation and monitoring and general environmental compliance
- Experience in a business development role that included lead generation, networking, new client development, and expansion of portfolios with existing clients is a plus and a strong differentiator
- Experience and demonstrated success working with large, private sector clients in Georgia and surrounding states
- Experience in client relationship development/management and business development with strong client relationships. Local or regional client experience is preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to conduct effective client presentations and written report preparation
- Results driven self-starter that is highly energetic with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to present technical information, both written and orally, in a concise and professional manner; must have strong technical writing skills
Our commitment to you
Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working is central to the way GHD does business. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
In addition to a competitive salary, GHD provides attractive career options including professional development via our GHD Business School, additional leave, and family-friendly flexible work arrangements.
Be a part of a high functioning team, where everything we do is inspired by a level of passion and professional pride that comes from being employee owned. This ownership is what sets us apart and means our people enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It helps drive our passion and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and pursue new opportunities.
So, do you have what it takes: passion, collaboration, imagination and values that match our own?
As one of the world’s leading professional services companies, GHD delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future. To do this, we actively seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our team of over 10,000 professionals operating in the markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
In return, we offer remarkable career shaping opportunities to extend your skills and gain global experience.
Please click on link below
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.