The Excellence and Innovation Manager's primary responsibility is to develop, maintain and champion LyondellBasell's technology architecture, as well as own the global holistic view of the ITS landscape to ensure appropriate solutions, optimum performance and sound investments are delivered. This senior level role will interact frequently with the CIO, CFO, CISO and other LyondellBasell leadership in regard to IT technology strategy and architecture development. The successful candidate will have previously demonstrated results leading technology organizations through significant changes in their architectural landscape, understands how IT delivers value to the business, and will lead the organization towards emerging technologies such as mobility, digitalization, data analytics. Further, this person will conduct research on industry trends, regularly meeting with key vendors to identify opportunities to enhance IT value to the business, as well as work across all teams to identify potential areas of improvement, validate designs and architecture, and provide expert technical project leadership.
This position reports to the Director, ITS Security & Technical Architecture (CSIO) and is located at our North American Headquarters in Downtown Houston. The position offers a competitive base salary, bonus, 401K matching, generous benefits package, pension plan, parking subsidy, and employee discounts.
- Build technical vision aligned with a 3-5 year strategy; included by not limited to infrastructure, applications, emerging technologies
- Ensures end to end solutions for all of ITS (applications, security, business, projects) are designed for agility, responsiveness, stability.
- Interact with technical, business, and management stakeholders at appropriate levels of detail from abstract to summary to detail.
- Maintain broad technology breadth with the ability to define solutions that span ITS globally
- Lead and assist teams in escalated service disruption incidents
- Review and provide guidance for the various technical initiatives and projects
- Provide guidance, consultation, and facilitation to architects/technical/business team(s) involved in the design of creative solutions to achieve successful implementations on time, within budget that meet or exceed business expectations
- Document and maintain architecture standards and current state and reference architectures
- Apply advanced technical and business knowledge in software development life cycle, quality assurance, project management and other related disciplines/processes
- Demonstrate strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- Serve as a point of reference or escalation for technical issues that may arise with projects or applications
- Develop standards, methods, and tactics to manage development and runtime environments focused on speed, consistency and strong security controls
- Regularly meet with key vendors and identify new potential vendor relationships to assess new technology and enhance IT's ability to enable the business
- Identify areas for process improvement and drive efficiency
- Collaborate as a senior technical member of the ITS organization and maintain 'big picture' perspective to ensure project alignment across groups
- Enforce architectural guiding principles and industry best practices across all technologies
- Spearhead initiatives to improve system performance, efficiency, and reliability.
- Collaborate with Business Process Owners, Product Owners and Business/Technical Analysts in requirement and design activities
- Undertake complex projects requiring additional specialized technical knowledge in software development and provides expertise at top technical levels in particular business processes
- Demonstrate outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Apply sound financial management and investment judgement and skills
- Participate in special projects and performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in a related field such as Computer Science or Engineering.
- 10+ years of experience in a technical design/architect level position.
- 10+ years of experience designing, implementing and supporting a broad scope of core end to end solutions.
- Experience with infrastructure solutions such as Directory Services, Collaboration/Messaging, Virtualization, Storage, Backup/Archiving.
- Broad infrastructure security experience, with end point and infrastructure level applications.
- General knowledge of key global application functionality such as SAP, SuccessFactors, Ariba.
- Experience with Data Analytics / Data Lake platforms and technologies.
- Experience driving technical conversations with stakeholders at various levels within an organization, including clients, IT technicians/managers and C-level executives.
- Experience with Data Center design and the ability to build HA and DR solutions to match business objectives.
- Broad experience and understanding of IT disciplines, standards and best practices.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management and staff.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience is the Manufacturing, Petrochemical or Oil and Gas Industries.
- Experience with SAP centric environments.
- TOGAF Certification.
Desired Personal attributes:
- Excellent communication skills, ability and experience presenting technology to executive level staff - both oral and written.
- Able to lead a team and manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Able to learn and implement new technologies quickly as the needs of the company evolve.
- Ability to present technical solutions to audiences of varying technical expertise.
- Ability to work well in a fast paced, constantly changing global environment.
- Strong operational/tactical leadership skills with maturing strategic leadership.
- Personal strength and maturity.
- Able to build strong partnerships with other leaders.
- Strong work ethic; driving and managing teamwork.
- Able to delegate work as necessary.
- Strong role model - passion for excellence; recognized as impactful leader.
- Ability to drive improvements, get right results.
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries.
LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.