Providing senior engineering support for the Client F5 Application Delivery Controller infrastructure. Design, configure and manage the ADC infrastructure along with supporting systems and applications receiving ADC services. Platforms are located both On-Premises and also within externally hosted Cloud environments.
Support ADC capabilities including Load Balancing, Application, Address Translation/Routing, Access Policy Management and Code based traffic management (iRules). Provide Level 3+ technical support to ADC system administrators and users. Interface with vendors, support organizations and development teams in the delivery of ADC services to satisfy Business and Applications requirements in addition to managing Service Level Agreements.
- Create, Review and Collaborate on F5 Application Delivery Controller deployments.
- Work with Application and Software teams to establish requirements for new and existing Application Delivery Controller environments.
- Ability to provide ADC engineering services to both On-Premises and also to externally Cloud hosted environments (e.g. Amazon Web Services Marketplace Big-IP solutions).
- Design networks used by ADCs such as VLANs, subnets, addressing, SNAT/NAT and routing topology to satisfy requirements and prepare for future needs.
- Installation of Physical, Virtual Edition and AWS/Cloud ADCs including supporting modules (e.g. APM, ASM, AVR, SWG).
- Configuration of base ADCs such as clustering and identity management and up through Virtuals, Pools, iRules and APM profiles.
- Deploy, configure and integrate Big-IQ management toolset with ADC appliances.
- Configuration backup, management, alerting and performance reporting.
- Develop API integrations and automations of configuration changes to ADCs for deployment configuration (e.g. Virtual, Pool, iRules) and module management (e.g. APM).
- Prepare diagrams and documentation describing topology, application data flows and landscape for ADCs and their integration with infrastructure and applications.
- Translate application requirements into ADC integration document and prepare related network diagrams and support documentation.
- Evaluate new versions of Firmware and Platforms in conjunctions with Client Service Providers and F5 for suitability and adoption by Client
- Provide recommendations for infrastructure enhancements including performance tuning, new software/hardware capabilities and other evolutions that may benefit Client ADC service delivery and business requirements.
- Support and management of ADCs and Big-IQ.
- Level 3+ support of devices and configurations.
- Assist Level 1 and 2 teams in providing support of environment, provide backup as necessary to engineers.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot ADC issues including; hardware, firmware, configuration, network and application integrations.
- Assist Software and Platform Engineering teams with troubleshooting system and application integrations with ADCs.
- Maintain awareness of security vulnerabilities, patches and other changes to F5 products that may impact Client.
- Coordinate deployment of necessary updates to the environment including hardware and software updates.
- Coordinate and manage the updates of the F5 environment with various teams including Software Engineering, Service Providers and Business Organizations.
- Monitor and troubleshoot performance issues with appliances and applications.
- Leverage built in F5 troubleshooting tools/commands and also external tools such as tcpdump, AppNeta, NetScout and Wireshark.
- Perform and analyze network captures to diagnose application, system or network issues.
- Provide after hours or weekend support as needed for upgrades and deployments.
- Engage in ADC Incidents and drive resolution, coordinating multi-discipline engineering teams.
- Monitor ADC Service Provider for compliance to Statement of Work, Service Level Agreements and overall service delivery quality.
- Prepare inventory, utilization and consumption reports for ADC service delivery.
- EM would like strong experience in the following:
- F5 BigIP
- Network management and troubleshooting
- DNS Management
- AWS Elastic Load Balancing and F5
- A minimum of Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Management, or other related technical discipline.
- Able to effectively make decisions and manage through ambiguity.
- Lead a discussion with other teams to resolve a problem or incident
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Quick learner with the ability to absorb and apply new technical knowledge quickly and accurately
- Highly motivated 'self-starter” with the ability to work independently, but also to contribute as part of a larger distributed team
- Well organized with the ability to prioritize, multi-task, and manage time when faced with competing demands and varied tasks
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to approach problems in a methodical and orderly way
- Ability to work with culturally diverse and geographically distributed team members and partners
- Ability to interact with and coordinate across multiple technical and business teams
- Ability to work within strictly defined governance, compliance, and regulatory guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Occasional weekend and off-hour work required
- A minimum of 5 to 7 years working experience in the following areas:
- Deployment and Support of F5 Physical and Virtual Load Balancer environments, ADC's, APM's
- Experience with deployment and support of F5 Load Balancers/ADC's/APM's in Amazon Cloud Services environment
- Experience with operating systems, networking, protocols, databases, applications and their interactions
- Following ITIL based service delivery – Change/Incident/Problem Management
- Experience with DNS, HTTP, SSL
- Understanding of application models (e.g. client/server, n-tier web)
- Performance analysis of distributed systems
- System tuning
- Integration with security and authentication environments, models, systems (Active Directory, LDAP)
- Experience with complex projects dealing with Mission critical applications
This 6+ month position starts ASAP.
Please E-MAIL your resume (attachment to email) with rate and availability to Jennifer: email@example.com
ALPHA'S REQUIREMENT #19-01276
MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S. AS AN HOURLY W2 EMPLOYEE