AZZ WSI LLC
AZZ Specialty Welding (AZZ WSI LLC) is the worldwide leader in developing and delivering specialized installation and maintenance solutions through automated welding, weld cladding, and weld overlay technologies that extend the life and maximize the value of assets throughout the energy industry. Office located in Suwanee, Georgia.
Assist and perform predictive stress, weld distortion, shrinkage, fatigue and fracture mechanics analyses pertaining applications within the power generation, refining, and petrochemical industries. Performs ASME and API code calculations. This position will be mentored by a Structural Engineering Manager.
Education, Certifications, Licenses & Registrations:
Bachelor of Science in Engineering in a related field such as Engineering, Mechanics or Mechanical Engineering. A Master of Science in Engineering or a significant amount of relevant FEA experience is a definite plus.
Experience in the field of multi-physics related problems is desired. Experience with Abaqus FEA and Solidworks software is a plus. Experience with welding related modeling & simulation a plus.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and Computer Aided Design (CAD) engineering techniques and tools.
- Advanced knowledge of the academics of applied stresses, material science and heat transfer related problems
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel and Word)
- Good communication skills
- Develop finite element models to predict stresses, weld induced shrinkage/distortions and the propensity for cracks to develop and grow in materials found in high-energy systems and pressure vessels.
- Prepare clear and detailed reports to be submitted to customers.
- Perform ASME Code pressure vessel calculations pertaining to Section VIII, Div.1 and 2 requirements.
General office and shop environment.
Sitting, standing, walking, lifting up to 30 lbs., ability to work in an industrial field environment