Job Title: FPGA Design Engineer
Location: Marlborough MA 01752
Duration: 12+ months
- This position is in an engineering organization focused on satellite communications systems, including secure and protected systems.
- Responsibilities of this position include:
- Applying advanced technical principles and concepts to develop FPGA designs based on defined system architectures.
- Developing Firmware Requirements Specifications for FPGA designs.
- Performing implementation tradeoffs, and presenting, explaining, and refining design approaches in consultation with other product stakeholders.
- Determining and following the course of action necessary to implement finished products based on the selected design approach.
- VHDL-based RTL and functional design, analysis and verification.
- Integrating FPGA designs into hardware and supporting system integration, test, and qualification.
- Design documentation and design maintenance.
- A minimum of 8 years professional engineering experience
- Proficiency with VHDL for configuring FPGAs
- Experience with FPGA and CPLD devices and development tools from Xilinx, Altera, and Lattice.
- Proficiency with functional verification test flow using VHDL with assertions.
- Proficiency with Modelsim and/or Questa Sim for functional verification
- Experience incorporating third party IP into FPGA designs, including PCIe and high speed Ethernet.
- Experience working in a system integration environment, verifying requirements and identifying and correcting defects.
- Possess, or able to obtain, Secret security clearance and COMSEC clearance.
- Experience with satellite communications systems.
- Familiarity with security aspects of protected satellite communications systems.
- Linux scripting experience.
- Experience using DOORs tool for requirements capture and flow of requirements through multiple levels of specifications.
- Familiarity with code coverage tools for evaluating test coverage.
- Familiarity with version control tools such as Clearcase or GitHub
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Experience and/or interest in project team leadership, including technical, budget, staffing, and schedule management
- Six Sigma/process improvement experience.