Contract: 6+ Months
Pay: $21-$24 per
Summary: Maintenance mechanic to perform a wide variety of skilled mechanic duties to include installation, troubleshooting, repair and modifying process and utility related equipment in a GMP environment.
- Collaborate with Responsible Engineers and Manufacturing personnel to troubleshoot equipment problems.
- Provide customer-oriented service and support in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. Sterile Filling equipment Isolators, Cartoner, labeling, Ink Jet Printers Automatic Vial Inspection equipment.
- Suggest practical changes or improvements to equipment and department work practices.
- Complete all assigned corrective work orders and Preventative Maintenance work with attention to detail and maintaining required GMP documentation.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures in performance of assigned duties.
- Support manufacturing operations 12/7.
- Work independently, with only general supervision and instructions on routine work, and detailed instructions on new assignments.
- Work overtime and off hours to support customers.
- Perform lock-out tag-out to energized systems.
- Perform confined space entry in a safe manner to accomplish duties.
- Develop and modify departmental SOP's and maintain knowledge of GMP work practices.
- Navigate in a CMMS system to find and close out work orders
- Schedules workload with planner.
- Works with outside vendors to resolve recurring parts issues.
- Works with outside contractors to repair equipment.
- Attends training sessions as required.
- Maintenance Mechanic position requires knowledge and usage of hand and power tools to perform assignments.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), organization and time management skills.
- Ability to interpret mechanical specification drawings and other technical data sheets.
- Basic computer skills. (Microsoft Office Suite).
- Proficient with lock-out tag-out safety procedures and energized system work practices.
- Able to follow written and oral instructions for complex tasks
- Ability to work rotating shifts, night shifts, extended shifts, and/or weekends
- Practical knowledge of GMPs
- Prior experience as a utility operator in a complex pharmaceutical or biopharmaceutical manufacturing environment a big plus.