At LMC, it’s all about the team. LMC is a very special place to work, largely because of the special people who work here. Our company culture is infused with spirit, enthusiasm, passion, and vitality. From high-rise buildings to garden-style communities to restoring historic locations, LMC Construction is proud of its adaptive approach, its dedication to sustainability, and its commitment to building great neighborhoods for people to call home. Above all else, we are committed to quality, communication, and integrity. Sure, we map out blueprints and communities, but we also map out careers. Hope you are looking for opportunities at one of America's leading apartment developers and the 2017 Best Place to Work in Multifamily, because here they come.
Summary of Position:
Assist the Project Manager and Superintendent in managing the subcontractors and suppliers on a project site. Monitors activities at construction sites. Works to ensure construction progresses as scheduled and contract specifications are adhered to. Inspects construction site daily and works with contractors to schedule deliveries. Has knowledge of commonly-used construction management concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Observes how to manage a project.
- Reviews construction documents for problems and conflicts.
- Updates and monitors all construction documents with changes.
- Inspects and thoroughly walks site looking for unsafe practices, unauthorized personnel, product deficiencies or improper construction methods and reports all unsafe work practices to supervisor.
- Inspect all foundations prior to concrete placement, verifies dimensions, cleans beam bottoms, checks cable chairs, verifies proper cable clearance and coverage, etc.
- Ensures work progress of subcontractors and that reports are accurately completed. Submits daily reports and weekly safety meeting minutes.
- Accepts deliveries, verifies quantities, and notes any discrepancies.
- Develops, organizes, and tracks office documents assigned by Project Manager and Superintendent.
- Helps create, distribute and manage punch list to all rough trades (HVAC, electrical, plumbing, security, phone, TV, fire and framing).
- Prepares and submits daily man count reports that document the number of workers on the construction site in the morning and afternoon.
- Checks all rough trade work and walk truss inspections with the Project Manager and Superintendent.
- Complies with all Company safety policies.