Lennar Multifamily Communities (LMC), a wholly owned subsidiary of Lennar (NYSE:LEN), is a multifamily real estate development and operating company with a diverse portfolio of institutional quality multifamily rental communities across the US. Between our completed developments and pipeline, LMC owns and manages over 100 communities across the US that exceeds 33,000 homes and $12 Billion in development costs and consists of high-rise, mid-rise and garden apartments.
Summary of Position:
Assists the Project Manager and Superintendent in managing the subcontractors and suppliers on a project site. Monitors trade activities on site ensuring work is installed correctly, safely, and efficiently. Works to ensure construction progresses as scheduled and contract specifications are adhered to. Inspects construction site daily and works with subcontractors to schedule deliveries. Possesses knowledge of commonly-used construction management concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on directions and problem-solving skills to perform the functions of the job.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops a thorough understanding of how to manage a project throughout the entire building process.
- Reviews construction documents for problems and coordination conflicts.
- Updates and red-lines both hard and electronic construction documents with current changes.
- Inspects and systematically walks site looking for unsafe practices, unauthorized personnel, product deficiencies or improper construction methods and reports to supervisor.
- Inspects all foundations prior to concrete placement, verifies dimensions, cleans beam bottoms, checks cable chairs, verifies proper cable clearance and coverage, etc.
- Ensures work progress of subcontractors, manpower counts, and accurately completed daily reports. Submits daily reports through Procore tracking subcontractor progress, critical inspections, material deliveries, and weather affecting the project.
- Attends, records, and generates meeting minutes for weekly safety meetings.
- Coordinates and accepts deliveries, verifies material quantities, and notes any discrepancies.
- Develops, organizes, and tracks office documents assigned by Project Manager and Superintendent.
- Helps create, distribute and manage completion and punch lists to all interior trades.
- Complies with all Company safety policies and works with the Superintendent to enforce policies with trades.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or related study is required.
- At least 1 year of experience in construction is preferred; preferably multi-family construction.
- Knowledge of construction management theory and practice.
- Knowledge of PC and construction and business software including scheduling, estimating, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Excellent computer skills - P6, MS Project, Bluebeam, Procore, Microsoft Office, etc.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to proof your own work and the work of others.
- Ability to creatively solve problems and successfully navigate coordination challenges presented on site.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to take initiative, use good judgment, demonstrate a strong sense of urgency and follow-up and carry multiple projects through to completion.
- Must have the ability to operate an automobile. Must have a valid state-approved driver’s license and be able to furnish a vehicle for use during the workday.
This is a position which requires the Field Engineer to frequently walk, stand, and climb stairs in/around construction sites, apartment homes, models and properties. Must maintain professional appearance and be able to work in a construction environment in all weather conditions (rain, snow, heat, hail, wind, sleet), around hazardous chemicals, dust, dirt, and other particulates. Must also have the ability to operate an automobile, read large quantities of information, operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and carry up to 50 lbs. independently. Finger dexterity is necessary.
- Arrive to work on time.
- Have ability to work evenings and/or weekends.
- Follow directions from a supervisor.
- Interact well will with co-workers.
- Comprehend and follow posted work rules and procedures.
- Accept constructive criticism and adapt accordingly.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.