Job Title: Systems Field Engineer
- Reports to Columbia, MD
- 80% of the role is traveling to client sites
Summary: The successful candidate will be providing technical support and field services in integrating, testing, modifying, and repair for the Voice Switching and Conferencing product line. We are seeking disciplined, effective Field Engineers with a progressive track record of excellence, using strong technical, analytical, and problem-solving capabilities. Technologies include networking, digital and analog interfacing, Internet Protocol, microprocessor and analog components, and proprietary and commercial software components
- Conduct technical analysis of product implementations, modifications, and enhancements to products in accordance with specific customer specifications and implementations
- Conduct site surveys at customer locations to identify requirements for production and installation
- Prepare deliverable documentation describing site requirements and system configuration.
- Install, service, and complete basic repairs of equipment at customer sites
- Integrate mission-critical systems components, follow test procedures and perform system debug
- Organize and provide detailed product and service training as necessary
- Solve complex field issues in coordination with the development team
- Interface with customers.
- Provide required reports to management staff, showing: customer, type of equipment involved, status, and field resolution of complex service assignments
- US Citizen and ability to obtain clearance
- Ability to travel to client sites for 80% of the work
- Ability to pass background and finger-printing test
- Occasional international travel may be required
- BS degree
- 3-5 years of experience
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing® winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.