Installs all Securus’ products, features and equipment including but not limited to: phones, kiosks, WAPs, tablets and video terminals. Maintains, repairs, troubleshoots, and operates telecommunications hardware, associated LAN/WAN/Networking hardware/software, various electronic equipment and ensuring correctional facilities are installed to the applicable codes and standards both industry and Securus. Travels from location to location nationwide for installations that may require long term travel, and to resolve complex issues as stated above.
- Installs, maintains, programs and repairs telecommunications hardware, associated LAN/WAN/networking hardware/software, various electronic equipment and wiring per specifications, codes, standards and operational procedures in correctional facilities
- Installs phones, kiosk, video terminals, WAP’s, tablets and other required equipment within correctional facilities across the country
- Gather, update, record, provide to management and maintain related data and/or statistics
- Manages and maintains assigned company inventories and assets (tool, vehicle, parts inventory, laptop etc.)
- Interfaces with many internal Securus organizations, various vendors and contractors for problem solutions
- Assist in educating and training Securus customers and field service associates - providing information to various internal departments and following direction given on Securus products & services
- Travel to remote sites nationwide for extended periods of time to do installs, service and repairs, and submits expense reports for reimbursement per policy
- Determine when to negotiate alternatives, when to escalate a problem or when to ask for assistance in dealing with the various problems
- Rely on experience / judgment to plan and accomplish assigned tasks / goals
- Review and approve site survey and engineering as needed
- Additional duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge and the ability to learn of all applicable practices, standards and codes (electrical, cabling, fiber, wireless, networking, conduit, industry, Securus and equipment)
- Ability to work all tasks to completion with a high sense of urgency and the highest work quality
- Must be able to take on a leadership role and assume responsibility for work performed on installation projects, repairs, and complex issues.
- Strong organizational, planning, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates proficient skills with installing, terminating and troubleshooting copper cabling, wireless networks and fiber optics, in addition to loading configuration files, installing and maintaining all of Securus’ equipment, products and features.
- Performs conduit installation based on site surveys, blueprints and NEC standards and code.
- Proficient in conduit bending and installation including both Rigid with threaded fittings and EMT with compression fittings.
- Accept and adapt to change
- Adhere to Field Service Standards and all Company policies outlined in the Employee Handbook
- A self-starter, with the ability to self-train, who can work independently with minimal supervision on complex projects in remote areas to complete them on schedule and within budget.
- Excel at multi-tasking, setting priorities and tracking issues concurrently.
- Experience working with Windows OS, VOIP, Adtran AOS, and wireless technology
- Ability to travel up to 100% and be reimbursed for expenses
- Must be able to pass multiple in depth background checks
- Must have a clean valid driving record
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience in conduit bending and installation (EMT and Rigid)
- 5 years’ experience in the installation of telecom devices including but not limited to: pulling cable (Cat3 & Cat5), terminations (110, 66, Krone, RJ11 & RJ45) up to 100 pair cables and troubleshooting wiring / T1 / CO dial tone problems
- 5 Years of experience in the installation of Network equipment including but not limited to: Switches, Routers and cable modems.
- Fiber Certification
- Proficient with Windows OS, VOIP, Adtran AOS, and wireless technology
- Electronics / Electrical Certification or
- 5 years or more of related experience
- Previous experience working in law enforcement or correctional environment
Standing, sitting, walking, speaking, listening, bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping and manipulating tools, typing, using peripheral computer tools. May be required to lift up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The Company’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals in all of its employment programs and decisions. Securus Technologies, Inc., and its Subsidiaries will not discriminate against any associate or qualified job applicant with respect to any terms, privileges, or conditions of employment because of that person’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic or status protected under local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.