AZZ Bus Systems is a wholly owned subsidiary of AZZ Inc. We're an engineering and manufacturing operation located near Jackson, Mississippi. Our custom-built, medium voltage power distribution systems are found in power plants across the U.S.A., and around the world.
We have an outstanding opportunity for a Field Service Tech to join our team. In this position, you will coordinate, supervise & perform installation and repair work on electrical bus systems at power generating facilities.
The position is based at our Richland Mississippi plant -- but this is a 'road warrior' position! 75% overnight travel is expected.
- At least two years of work experience in welding, construction, electrical, or other relevant field
- Prior experience in a job requiring heavy travel
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving history
- Able to pass frequent background checks and drug/alcohol tests, as required for admittance to power generating facilities
- Willing/able to work at heights
- Supervisory experience
- Experience coordinating construction jobs
- Experience working in power plants or other major industrial complexes
- Post-high school education and basic computer skills
- Coordinate equipment and supplies needed at remote job sites
- Travel to job site, meet with customer, and make on-site assessment of job
- Perform hands-on installation, maintenance, and repair duties as needed
- Supervise subcontractors
- Report progress to home office daily and submit necessary paperwork in a timely fashion
Variable schedule. Must be available to work as needed, including overtime, weekends, and holidays.
Up to 75% travel, including occasional extended stay trips (over 1 week in duration). International trips may also be required.
Spends app. 2/3 of time at industrial and power-generating job sites, in outdoors weather conditions (may involve extreme heat, humidity, or cold.) App. 2/3 of time is spent at risk of electrical shock, near moving or vibrating mechanical parts. 1/3 to 2/3 of time may be spent working at heights of up to 300 feet. Remaining 1/3 of time is spent in a temperature-controlled buildings and/or in a manufacturing environment.
Spends more than 2/3 of time standing/walking and talking/hearing. Lifts/positions items weighing up to 50 lbs. less than of time. Spends 1/3 to 2/3 of time using hands, and reaching. Less than 1/3 of time is spent climbing, stooping, crawling, and sitting. Generally requires clear vision at close distances (for reading and inspecting). Clear distance/peripheral vision is required for driving and operating equipment.
This position includes competitive pay and a full benefits package. Compensation includes frequent overtime pay, field premium pay, and travel pay. Lodging is provided while traveling. Benefits include a comprehensive array of insurance offerings (health, dental, vision, life, short/long term disability, etc.) as well as other offerings (bonus plan, paid holidays and vacation, tuition assistance, stock purchase plan, etc.)