Field Services Technician | Network Analyst (Remote/Dallas)
This position will be in the Dallas area. Will work remote but will be visiting multiple client sites at times.
Installs, modifies, and makes repairs to personal computer hardware and software systems, and provides technical assistance and training to system users by performing the following duties. Possesses desktop support experience and basic server administration experience. Will interface with end users to perform software and hardware troubleshooting and repair on primarily Windows based systems. Will perform printer maintenance, network connectivity troubleshooting, and telephone support.
- Manage escalated Tier 2 support tickets and follow proper escalation path. Coordinate, oversee, implement workstation deployment
- Troubleshoot and solve problems related to PC hardware and software
- Administration of Active Directory, Backup/Recovery Services, Anti-Virus environment, and other management solutions used at the local client's facility.
- Responsible for executing IT related projects at client sites
- Will do some simple or directed server administration such as building or troubleshooting procedures
- Expected to provide network support, installation, and maintenance of network equipment
- Will support network devices
- Interface with Server and Network engineering teams
- Demonstrated ability to develop clear, concise and professional written communication (via work instructions or emails).
- Thorough knowledge and troubleshooting of PC hardware and peripherals
- Develop and maintain Computer imaging and configuration settings
- Understanding of backup technologies & administer the backup. May partner with Engineering to execute depending upon the complexity of the environment
- Knowledge of VPN; Active Directory; Microsoft Office; Windows operating systems; LAN/WAN technologies and topologies; Wireless technologies; spam filtering technologies; Anti-virus support; Cisco networking; Citrix; and basic server administration.
- Knowledge of SQL Database software preferred
If you have 3+ years of LAN/WAN Support experience and are interested in a long-term opportunity where you can grow with an organization then please apply and someone will get back in touch with you soon. This role is 100% remote from home with days where you'd have to go to a client site for projects.