The Field SignalEngineering Technician must have a minimum of10 years’ experience to include design,
installation, systemtest, and operation and maintenance of railroad and/or rail transit signal
This position will beresponsible for activities, including but not limited to:
- Design and oversees implementation of vital and non-vital signal systems in rail and transit in conjunction with the Project Manager, coordinate signal system project priorities and assignments to ensure milestones are accomplished.
- Verifies that signal system installation conforms to drawings and latest standards
- Check signal designs
- Support implementation and testing of signal designs
- Works collaboratively with signal design engineer, project manager and other signals and disciplines of the company and the owner or operator of the system
- Plans, directs and coordinates signal installation and testing activities of projects to ensure the goals or objectives of these projects are accomplished within prescribed period.
- Assist in Installation, testing, maintenance and troubleshooting of various signal equipment like track circuits, crossings, track switch machines, signals, hot box detectors.
- Reviews work plan and staffing for each phase of project and provides recommendations for assignment of project personnel.
- Creates and/or reviews phasing plans and proposals.
- Participates in interviews and presentations as applicable.
- Serves as a signal engineering representative at meetings, presentations and public hearings/reviews relative to assigned projects.
- Develops reviews and confirms project delivery schedule activities of signal design and construction.
- Identifies causes for revisions to projects and whether such changes are billable to the client.
- Assures that project team complies with the Contract Documents as well as signal standards to implement the approved design within established budget and schedule restraints.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related computer field is preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in related signal design, signal construction or signal system maintenance
- Signal and circuit design experience
- Microprocessor Vital and Non vital software circuit logic experience
- Simulation testing
- Track Signal Routing (TSR)
- Signal Control Lines, Cable Plans, & Tie-in Circuits to existing system
- Automatic Train Control (ASC)
- Positive Train Control (PTC) or Communications Based Train Control (CBTC) a plus