Field Technical Spt Rep
BCforward is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Sales Information Specialist at Des Moines Iowa 50321
Position Title : Field Technician
Expected Duration : 2 Years with possibility of extension or Permanent
Location : Des Moines Iowa 50321
This customer facing, non-exempt CLIENT PC/Printer field break/fix position provides a wide range of hardware support and related services specifically to CLIENT's PC Products customers. Products include Laptop, Desktop, RPOS, and Workstation products. Printer knowledge is a huge plus. A fast paced, constantly changing environment that requires positive approaches and demonstrated success at handling multiple stressors. Candidates must be self-contained, resourceful and determined for success.
This is a team based group of self-starting, technical/mechanical delivery professional. This ever changing environment presents each team member with various daily events that educate customers about the technology, manage critical service events, and interact with multiple levels of both CLIENT and customer management/teams. These teams are responsible for completely satisfied customers and helping to grow CLIENT's business in a profitable manner and within budget. It is imperative that the Field Service Rep. understands the financial aspects and business impact of what they deliver, how and why. Typical types of reactive, on customer site, service events include, but are not limited to: Configuring hardware, software and simple network components, install, unit repair, and working with escalation personal performing and assisting in technical action plans to remediate pc/print issues.
Demonstrated core competencies of success in this position are:
- Strong mechanical aptitude, working with tools and various alignment apparatus.
- Alignment with customer's business needs while maintaining CLIENT's contractual commitments.
- Ability to logically and systemically technically/mechanically troubleshoot various hardware problems on printers. May also involve third party software, networks and switches.
- Able to balance and prioritize multiple activities and issues.
- Successful cause and effect understanding of financial perspectives on the business.
- Strong interpersonal verbal/written skills; especially in person, on a customer site. This is critical to relationship building and expectations.
- Attention to detail and commitment to administrative responsibilities.
- Exercise solid business based decision making skills, taking appropriate risk to insure that both CLIENT's and the customer's business need are met.
- Independent thinking while adhering to standard technological/mechanical and business procedures.
- Industry / company knowledge that provides solid technology solutions and options to the customer.
- Ability to quickly and accurately evaluate a technical situation while managing the operational challenges.
- Working independently and able to re-prioritization of tasks/events/commitments quickly based on contract, customer and business situations. Highly skills at prioritization, planning, working independently all within standard policies and business standards.
- Able to bend, crawl, stoop, sit, lift and move 50 pounds of weight.
- Availability to work both scheduled and unscheduled overtime.
- Participate in assigned work during non-traditional workdays, holidays and shift work.
- Onsite customer facing experience.
- Technical/mechanical hardware repair experience.
- Demonstrated technical/mechanical aptitude for learning new technology.
- High School diploma or equivalent, plus additional hardware technology training. College preferred.
*Dress: Business Professional: Black slacks and blue collared shirt.
*Cell phone reimbursement and laptop/tablet will be provided.
BCforward began as an IT business solutions and staffing firm. Founded in 1998, BCforward has grown with our customers' needs into a full service personnel solutions organization. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, BCforward also operates numerous delivery centers across North America and India. We are currently the largest consulting firm and largest MBE certified firm in Indiana. Our uninterrupted growth has allowed BCforward to deliver uniquely configured IT staffing and project solutions for over years of catering to our customers' specific needs. BCforward currently maintains a team of over 5000 global resources. With our additional brand, Stafforward, together we have the capabilities to deliver services for a variety of industries in both public and private sectors which allows us to address your most challenging needs.
We must inform you that during the hiring process, we may ask for you to disclose and provide us with various categories of your personal information, including identifiers such as your name and address, professional information, commercial information, education information, and other related information. Please note that we will only use this information to facilitate and complete the recruiting process. This posting is not an offer of employment. All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States and willing to cooperate with a background check and drug screen, to the extent permitted by federal and local laws up to and including both criminal and financial reviews. The submission of intentionally false or fraudulent information in response to this job posting shall render the applicant ineligible for the position. BCforward is an equal opportunity employer. Any subsequent offer of employment shall be considered employment at will regardless of the anticipated assignment duration.
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 112019 when responding to this ad.