Installs, modifies, and makes repairs to personal computer hardware and software systems, and provides technical assistance and training to system users by performing the following duties. Possesses desktop support experience and basic server administration experience. Will interface with end users to perform software and hardware troubleshooting and repair on primarily Windows based systems. Will perform printer maintenance, network connectivity troubleshooting, and telephone support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responds to client requests and tickets regarding IT functions
- Located with or will travel to client sites to provide support and services
- Interface with end users to independently resolve problems concerning systems function
- Manage escalated Tier 2 support tickets and follow proper escalation path
- Coordinate, oversee, implement workstation deployment
- Troubleshoot and solve problems related to PC hardware and software
- Administration of Active Directory, Backup/Recovery Services, Anti-Virus environment, and other management solutions used at the local client's facility.
- Responsible for executing IT related projects at client sites
- Will do some simple or directed server administration such as building or troubleshooting procedures
- Expected to provide network support, installation, and maintenance of network equipment
- Will support network devices
- Interface with Server and Network engineering teams
- Occasional night and weekend work will be required.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Two or more years related technical support experience and/or training in a technical field
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in IT related field preferred
- Equivalent combination of education and experience acceptable
- Experience with Help Desk ticket and management systems
- Customer focused skills to include active listening skills, ability to interpret IT related issues from the client as well as communicate resolutions/troubleshooting tasks to the client
- Demonstrated ability to develop clear, concise and professional written communication (via work instructions or emails).
- Thorough knowledge and troubleshooting of PC hardware and peripherals
- Develop and maintain Computer imaging and configuration settings
- Understanding of backup technologies & administer the backup. May partner with Engineering to execute depending upon the complexity of the environment
- Knowledge of VPN; Active Directory; Microsoft Office; Windows operating systems; LAN/WAN technologies and topologies; Wireless technologies; spam filtering technologies; Anti-virus support; Cisco networking; Citrix; and basic server administration.
- Knowledge of SQL Database software preferred
- Organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
- Work with minimal supervision to maintain a client site
- Ability and willingness to quickly learn new skills
- Maintain positive attitude
- Ethical, fair and of high integrity
- Ability to handle confidential information responsibly and exhibit sound judgment with maintaining the at confidentiality
- Demonstrates a mature attitude and insight into matters affecting department, self, and /or company's welfare.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Current A+ preferred
- Current Microsoft certification Network+ certification preferred
Match a Job
Add in JobDiva Match Back Close
Saving Record to JobDiva...