Job Title: Finance Analyst I
Job Location: Sunnyvale, CA - 94089
Job Type: Contract
Position Description / Project Overview:
We are looking for someone with the analytical rigor and the ability to augment and improve existing practices. This role provides includes internal financial needs as well as business partner support where you will combine your technical abilities with communication skills. You are an analyst who wants to make your mark on a successful and growing team, and who wants to further develop already strong business partnering skills. You are an excellent communicator who enjoys collaborating with people who possess a diverse set of talents. You are a strong time manager and are able to prioritize effectively.
Finance Analysts ensure the company makes sound financial decisions. Particular focus will be spent supporting Financial Close and Forecasting responsibilities. You will work on multiple projects at a time and be focused on the details while finding creative ways to tackle big picture challenges.
Top Daily Responsibilities:
1) Perform monthly financial close duties
2) Assist in monthly financial forecast operations (incl. OpEx and/or CapEx)
3) Manage various financial and metric driven reporting supporting finance and business requirements
4) Improve operational efficiencies and create/improve processes
5) Ad hoc projects/analysis.
Mandatory Required Skills/Qualifications:
- BA/BS degree in Finance or Accounting
- 3+ years of Financial Analysis and/or Accounting experience.
- Financial close duties a must
- Clear understanding of depreciation, amortization, and accrual based accounting.
- Proficiency in Excel (test to be provided) Pivt, formulas and Vlookup
- Working SQL experience - must be able to extract and manipulate data quickly and effectively.
- Excellent quantitative, written, and presentation skills; innovative, organized, thorough
- Independent/Self driven performer who can operate with minimal guidance
- Detail oriented with the ability to understand the high level impact
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change
- Ability to communicate with various departments
- Specific Financial Analysis experience supporting business unit(s) or functional group(s)
- Strong ability to turn data into actionable insights
- Good business judgment, with the ability collaborate effectively
- Oracle and Hyperion experience
- Strong proficiency in creating and improving presentations (PPT, Google Slides, etc)