We are supporting a leading law firm in Philadelphia that is in need of a Financial Systems Developer. This person will support the Director of Financial Systems in the development, implementation and ultimately maintenance of financial software, ensuring that all financial modules meet the firm's needs.
In accordance with the firm's Client Service Initiatives, the Developer must consistently display good judgment and have effective interpersonal communications. Confidentiality and discretion are required consistently.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Serves as a work lead with financial system development, upgrading projects, system implementations, and the integration and onboarding of new systems.
- Design and develop accounting system involving Elite, with a solid background with Microsoft Development (C#, .Net, VB, XML, and SQL Server).
- Must be able to work closely with Accounts Payable staff, Client Billing staff and other Accounting staff in an effort to troubleshoot issues and address new requests as it relates to the firm's financial systems. Prior experience with such business processes is valued!
- Develops new reports, SQL queries, ETL processes, data feeds, and other data processes as requested in an effort to optimize existing systems.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Good knowledge of Elite.
- Skills and expertise with Microsoft Development (C#, .Net, VB, XML, and SQL Server).
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Must be highly motivated, personable, self-starter who is able to manage, prioritize and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously and successfully, many with tight deadlines.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills with ability to build strong relationships.
- Accepts ownership of projects and is successful in driving projects, as well as daily tasks, to a successful conclusion.
- Ability to adjust and adapt quickly to changing situations.
- Ability to work with detailed information accurately and efficiently.
- Extremely consistent in producing quality work.
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to interact with people in a manner which shows sensitivity, tact, and professionalism.
- Must be able to work well as part of a team as well as work independently.
- Is responsive and sensitive to internal and external deadlines.
- Ability to interpret the firm's policies and/or procedures.
- Must conduct him/herself professionally in appearance and actions; must set a positive example for all personnel and support a collegial and collaborative work environment.
- Adhere to and serves as a role model for the firm's Client Service Standards.
- Flexibility for overtime required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field required.
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Experience with Financial Systems, ideally Client Elite / Elite Databases
- Skills and expertise with the Microsoft stack (C#, .Net, VB, XML, SQL Server)