LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
This position provides emergency management, fire protection engineering and loss prevention technical support to ensure performance and regulatory compliance with fire protection standards and procedures. The position provides emergency planning and support. Responsible for designing and maintaining fire protection and loss prevention in addition to plans to ensure performance criteria are met.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for engineering technical work in fire safety, fire protection and loss prevention. Plans, organizes and coordinates effective hazard control, industrial fire safety, and fire protection and loss prevention processes and programs.
- Maintains knowledge of specific fire protection technical and regulatory requirements providing innovative ideas and highly specialized information to positively affect safety performance.
- Responsible for development of facility wide emergency action, response plans and procedures. Plans, develops, implements, and maintains programs, policies and procedures to ensure effective site fire protection and loss prevention.
- Performs emergency management training and education to Employees, Emergency Operations personnel and Emergency Response Team (ERT) leaders.
- Researches regulations, dialogs with regulatory agencies to interpret governmental regulations. Defines compliance requirements, identifies tasks and develops project plans to meet regulatory compliance. Is the focal point for regulatory compliance in relation to fire protection and emergency management.
- Facilitates teams comprised of engineers, safety professionals and operations personnel to study existing fire protection and loss prevention processes and propose changes to improve emergency plans.
- Responsibilities also include participating in safety / fire protection engineering reviews of planned facility expansions and other modifications to the site.
- Responsible for providing engineering support for the designing of fire protection, loss control and emergency equipment.
- Provides innovative fire safety ideas and applies highly specialized acquired knowledge to guide less seasoned HSE emergency response and fire protection and loss prevention professionals to positively affect overall performance.
- Ability to design and conduct facility wide emergency management drills and exercises to test facility systems and response capabilities.
- Provides regulatory interpretation and technical advice. Prepares reports and recommends corrective action. Conducts comprehensive, independent compliance assurance reviews of fire safety and emergency management programs
- Mentors and provides guidance to Fire Protection & Safety Specialists or other technical and emergency response and management personnel. Represents the company as a liaison with agencies.
BS Degree in Fire Protection, or related engineering, engineering technology or applied science. Other science or applied science degrees with the appropriate work experience may be considered.
Prefer Emergency Response qualification to include incident command.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of related field experience, which should include:
- Fire protection/ Loss Prevention related to refining or petrochemical operations.
- Knowledge and experience with developing and implementing fire protection and other risk management programs.
- Extensive hands-on industrial/petrochemical emergency response experience.
- Knowledge of regulatory and industrial emergency response compliance standards.
- Experience leading teams, supervising or directing employees is preferred.
- Experience representing a company to local community entities and agencies (5-years) is preferred.
- In addition, this position requires experience in: Developing and implementing plans, systems, programs, processes, and procedures; conducting investigations and follow-ups; representing Company to local law enforcement or other regulatory agencies; and the ability to attain and maintain required qualifications, certifications or licenses.
Licenses & Certifications:
1. Ability to obtain and maintain a Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC) is required.
2. Certified Safety Professional (CSP) is preferred.
3. Other certification in emergency management/response, hazardous materials or firefighting is preferred.
4. Incident management qualification and certification preferred.
5. Knowledge of regulatory and industry fire protection and OSHA compliance standards related to HAZWOPER, life safety, fire protection, emergency preparedness, municipal fire service is preferred.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston