View more Careers at EPSILON
Follow us on: LinkedIn | Twitter | google+
Forensics Methodologies and Malware Analysis SME | Cyberspace Operations
Security Clearance required: TS/SCI CI Poly
US Citizenship Required
Location: Pensacola, FL
Position Summary: Epsilon is looking for a SME to maintain, update, deliver training (as required), and provide professional guidance to instructional staff responsible for the delivery of Cyberspace Operations (CO) training to Department of Defense personnel at the Center for Information Warfare Training (CIWT), Corry Station, Pensacola, FL
- Perform duties as CO Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Offensive Cyberspace Operations (OCO)/Active Ex
- The OCO SME will be responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the OCO course content, provide content oversight and support to the instructors that teach OCO, and develop and deliver new content and make recommendations for revisions of existing topic area content to the Training Developer to keep pace with innovations and advances in technology.
- The OCO SME shall possess the following capabilities:
- Apply technical area expertise for the development of training material to meet the OCO topic area objectives
- Incorporate OCO subject matter knowledge into training materials to meet Government identified training standards
- Incorporate the impact of changing technologies into training materials
- Develop tools to assess student knowledge, skills and abilities to gauge student proficiency in topic
- Review and analyze training materials and recommend changes
- Conduct content review based on student evaluations and provide recommendations for training material revisions
- Conduct periodic course content review and provide recommendations for training material revisions
- Perform task and skill analysis of training requirements to develop learning objectives within training materials
- Interact with training developers, curriculum managers and mission customers to assist with design and implementation of a total training package
- US Citizenship is a requirement of this position in accordance with 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(2)(C)
- All candidates must possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- All candidates must possess the ability to incorporate/impart technical knowledge into their training materials and training delivery (as required).
- DoDD 8140.01/DoD 8570.01-M Level II certifications are desired, but not required.
- Six (6) years within the last ten (10) years of experience in Cyberspace Operations (CO).
- In lieu of the Six (6) years' experience within the last ten (10) years in CO, a Bachelor’s degree in the field of Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Network Security, or Information Systems and four (4) years of experience within the last ten (10) years of experience in CO is acceptable.
- Three (3) years of experience within the last ten (10) years in all of the following forensics-related topics:
- File system internals
- OS Internals
- Incident Handling
- Software Reverse Engineering
- Intrusion Methodology or Network Analysis
- Forensic best practices and procedures
Preferred experience, educational, or certification recommendations beyond those listed above:
- EnCase or Sleuth Kit
- Law enforcement, government, basic investigations or with a professional services firm providing forensics analysis.
- Certified Forensics Analyst (CFA)
- Certified Forensics Examiner (CFE)
- Certified Network Forensics Analyst (NFA)
- Three (3) years of experience in the adult learning environment
- Three (3) years of experience in curriculum development
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, this position requires the ability to sit for potentially long periods of time throughout the workday. Hearing sufficient to understand conversations, both in person and on the telephone. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components for potentially long periods of time without experiencing abnormal hand, wrist, or eye strain. Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings. Lifting and transporting moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Work Environment: Includes a typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues, including exposure to heat, cold, inclement weather conditions, and occasional environmental hazards. Local, regional, and national travel may be required.
Medical, Dental, Vision Plan
AD&D and Life Insurance
Paid Federal Holidays
Paid Time Off
401(k) Retirement Plan
View More Careers at EPSILON
Follow us on: LinkedIn | Twitter | google+
Epsilon is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. EEO/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Vets.
Please click here to review your rights under EEO policy.
If you are an individual with a disability and need special assistance or reasonable accommodation in applying for employment with Epsilon, Inc., please contact our Recruiting department by phone 828-398-5414 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.