Foundry Engineer – Direct-Hire Opportunity
A Syracuse area foundry is seeking a Foundry Engineer for a direct-hire opportunity. Compensation will be determined based on experience.
- Apply knowledge of product design, tooling, fabrication, and materials to develop, optimize, document, and maintain foundry processes, work instructions, and methods
- Processing of MAGMA simulation results and running simulations but may include tooling/engineering process role responsibilities for developing tooling from order to delivery working with both internal and external pattern shops.
- Improve productivity and part quality through process stability and repeatability.
- Document and engineer riser and gating, chilling geometry and processes for individual part numbers that fit within the capacity of the foundry processing equipment and improvements.
- Select metal grades and development and implementation of heat treatment requirements and processes.
- Responsible for first piece sampling from new, modified, reordered, or repaired tooling through to production release.
- Analyze product failure data, solicit operator input, and develop solutions.
- Ensures delivery of successful processes to the production line in order to achieve high first pass yields on required validations.
- Ensure chemical and mechanical testing and NDT procedures are adhered to properly record.
- Participate in all job launches and metals MRB meetings.
- Identify additional resource requirements such as equipment, layout, personnel and training.
- Request chemistry deviations from customers as necessary.
- Develop and approve vendors and provide technical liaison.
- Complete and/or maintain required records and reports.