Here at Discount Tire, we celebrate the spirit of our people with extraordinary pride and enthusiasm. Our business has been growing for more than 55 years and now is the best time in our history to join us. We are opening more locations every year and we are always looking for qualified individuals to join us in our growth. We are a company that promotes from within, both in our retail and corporate operations.
The Web Developer / Designer I assists in creating, designing, and implementing web-based solutions for intranet applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with subject matter experts to create basic conceptual graphics and layout of web pages on the Company’s intranet.
- Helps to produce design layouts for online content. Helps to determines size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, selects style and size of type and arranges layout based upon available space, knowledge of layout principles and aesthetic design concepts.
- Converts design compositions into complex working web pages using HTML and CSS tags in a hand-coded environment. Makes some modifications to existing .jsp developed code.
- Takes part in evaluating and analyzing new web technologies to utilize, such as platforms, languages and plug-ins, based on Company and customer needs.
- Adheres to web-based technical standards for specific web sites.
- Maintains a commitment to providing outstanding customer service.
- Actively enhances design and development skills by reading technical publications and attending classes or seminars.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- This position requires one to three years of related experience and a comprehensive understanding of multi-faceted website design and development.
- Experience with hand-coding HTML and CSS (non-WYSIWYG editors), Illustrator (or similar vector based drawing program) and PhotoShop is required.
- Minimal creativity is required.
- Intermediate level computer experience, including skills in Microsoft Word and Excel, is necessary.
- This position also requires excellent communication, organizational, customer service, problem-solving and detail-oriented skills.
This position requires a high school diploma or GED. An Associate's Degree or additional college level related courses are a plus.
Normal work days are Monday through Friday. Occasional overtime (more than forty hours per week) may be necessary.
Normal work hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Additional hours may be necessary.