BCForward is currently seeking highly motivated Frontend Developer for our client based in Chicago, IL.
- Position: Frontend Developer
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Anticipated start date: ASAP
- Duration: 6 Months contract (Possibility of extension)
We are looking for a Frontend Developer that is eager to use cutting edge application development tools and techniques to deliver a best-in-class user experience.
- As a Principal Software Engineer you will lead all stages of software development including refining product vision, gathering requirements, project planning, software system design, coding, testing, release, deployment and support.
- Design and develop scalable UI applications in a cloud environment (AWS)
- Provide technical leadership in UI technology standards.
- Provide guidance to project teams regarding UI guiding principles, system and application design, coding and design standards, best practices, and system performance and availability.
- Collaborate and pair with other development team members to design and develop new, scalable, secure, and reliable features and exciting experiences utilizing modern application development design patterns.
- Optimize design for performance, maintainability, scalability, extensibility as needed.
- Review the quality of designs and implementation of solutions implemented by the frontend developers/leads
- Focus on productivity, quality and competitiveness of major technology initiatives
- Apply knowledge and skills to solve most complex engineering problems.
- Mentor and assist software engineers, providing technical assistance and direction as needed.
- Maintains high standards of software quality by establishing good practices and habits.
- Identifies and encourage areas for growth and improvement.
- Collaborate with product owners and system integration engineers to ensure user stories that are developer-ready, easy to understand, and testable Write clean, maintainable code and perform unit tests and peer code reviews
- Write unit test cases including 'destructive testing' to ensure adequate resiliency in production Provides Tier III application support for application running in production
- Bachelor's degree in Computer science or Electrical engineering or related field
- 12 years or more of software development experience or at least 10 years of experience with master's degree in computer science or related field
Technical Skills Required
Proven experience in many of the following:
- Modern web frameworks such as React / Angular 2+ / Polymer
- Understanding of HTML 5, CSS3, ES6+, Typescript and Web components
- Application architecture patterns such as MVC, MVM and MVVM
- Test Driven UI Development (TDD) and Behavior Driven Development(BDD) using testing frameworks such as Jest, Mocha, Karma, Jasmine, Super test, Selenium, Cucumber etc
- Responsive Web Design and development
- Hands on experience of tools like Web pack, Gulp etc
- CSS pre-processors like SASS or LESS
- Cloud-based development in AWS (Cloud Front) or Azure
- In depth hands-on experience in NodeJS
- Strong understanding of web performance and tools for performance optimization
- Strong understanding of state management libraries like Redux, NRGX
- Exposure to modern web application framework such as RUBY on Rails, Spring MVC
- Experience in Less, CORS, OAuth2, jQuery UI, Require JS, Backbone.js, Toastr is a plus.
- Integrating with and /or defining, developing and maintaining web service API's (RESTful, JSON-RPC) at scale
- Working with Node based development tools (including NPM, Yarn) to facilitate code formatting consistency, linting, testing, bundling etc.
- Must demonstrate solid knowledge of computer science fundamentals like data structures and algorithms
BCForward began as an IT business solution and staffing firm. Founded in 1998, BCForward has grown with our customers' needs into a full-service personnel solution's organization. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, BCForward also operates numerous delivery centers across North America and India. We are currently the largest consulting firm and largest MBE certified firm in Indiana. Our uninterrupted growth has allowed BCForward to deliver uniquely configured IT staffing and project solutions for over the years of catering to our customers' specific needs. BCForward currently maintains a team of over 5000 global resources. With our additional brand, Stafforward, together we have the capabilities to deliver services for a variety of industries in both public and private sectors which allows us to address your most challenging needs.
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 135171 when responding to this ad.