Our banking client is hiring a Full Stack .Net Developer to assist with their website and application redesign. They have several projects in the queue for 2021 which include a website redesign and refresh, moving to .Net Core, and rewriting the code that powers the front end.
They have a very small IT team of about 3-4 people and are looking for a well-rounded .Net Developer. They currently have about 10-15 application on the .net framework and 5-6 on .Net Core but are migrating all the applications to .Net Core.
They have found that most of their users access their banking information from a mobile device or tablet, so they are further enhancing their website and UI design. This role will focus about 60/40 on the front vs the back. This role will not be architecting systems from scratch, but will have the chance to grow in the role.
This will be an onsite role in Goleta, CA and after the first 90 days some telecommuting days will be considered. This is a very tight-knit team and and culture and you will have your own tall cubicle (not open floorplan environment). They just implemented Jira and are moving towards more of an Agile Kanban approach.
Deliver a World Class Experience while being responsible for the performance, security, and user experience of the Bank’s internally developed applications and web properties, which includes MB&T-related websites, intranet sites and other web and digital services. Other responsibilities include: researching and implementing new technologies in coordination with the Bank’s online and mobile strategies and studying and implementing security best practices. The preferred candidate needs to have demonstrated experience in the development of responsive front-end and database driven back end web based software and services and proprietary middleware integrations for servers, desktops, and mobile devices. The candidate should also have experience in graphic design with knowledge of standards, software and best practices for user experience and interface design. This position regularly interfaces with colleagues at all levels across the organization and needs to have a client-centric solutions approach in working with associates. The ideal candidate will be inquisitive and innovative – eager to learn and think across technologies and disciplines, always focused on delivering excellent customer service. This is a role for someone who is: passionate about technology, enjoys building things and also has an eye for excellent design.
Minimum Requirements for Position
Education and Experience:
• B.A./B.S. degree preferred, or acceptable equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Three to five years experience with primary responsibility for developing mission critical interactive and responsive web applications and software for desktop, tablet and mobile devices.
• Experience creating and implementing web graphics and artwork a plus.
• Experience with the full software development lifecycle: requirements gathering, architecture, data design, development, testing, training and documentation
• Experience with multi-platform development and integrating web services through APIs
• Front end development and design experience
• Experience with SQL databases and related technologies
• Web application security experience including DDoS mitigation, WAF, XSS, SQL injection; as well as best practices (e.g. OWASP top 10)
• Previous experience in a regulated environment; financial services preferred
• Knowledge of accessible web design principles
• Experience with secure cloud technologies and techniques
Skills and Capabilities:
• Visual Studio, MS SQL Server, Acrobat, Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Creative suite
• Must be an innovator and self-learner to keep abreast of new technologies
• Ability to thoughtfully transform user descriptions into practical and optimized software solutions using an iterative process that conforms to the Bank’s software development lifecycle policy (SDLC)
• Must be flexible and willing to work in an interactive and dynamic team environment.
• Strong critical thinking, decision-making, and customer service skills
• Strong knowledge of standard computer applications including MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions and instruct others, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence, speak clearly to customers and employees
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and time management skills
• Ability to lead by example in a team setting and work independently while performing duties
• Current driver’s license and a vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage if required to drive in the course of performing assigned duties and responsibilities
• Must be able to perform this position safely, without endangering the health or safety to himself or herself or others
• Must be capable of regular, reliable and timely attendance
• Must be able to work effectively either independently or as part of a team
• Must be able to effectively handle multiple, simultaneous, and changing priorities
• Must be able to demonstrate highest levels of customer service and confidentiality with internal and external customers
Primary Activities & Responsibilities
• Contribute to the success of the organization by developing innovative, high performance, reliable and secure software solutions
• Create, enhance, implement, and update web pages, web applications, digital communications systems, and databases in support of MB&T’s operational and strategic goals
• Optimize and monitor SEO on bank-related web pages
• Monitor, update, and log changes to website files, folders and databases
• Create/maintain procedures and other documentation of web-related services, software, databases, and middleware
• Other duties as assigned.
• Supports MB&T’s core value of “community” by participating in various Bank-sponsored events and local community activities as appropriate.
• Demonstrates the Five Practices of Exemplary Leadership: Model the Way, Challenge the Process, Inspire a Shared Vision, Enable Others to Act and Encourage the Heart.
• Cultivates strong communication between internal and external partners to maximize client experience.
• Contributes to creating an environment where associates feel recognized, valued, engaged, and motivated.
Compliance and Risk Management
• Follows privacy and information security policies
• Adheres to all MB&T policies, federal and state laws and bank regulatory guidance including, but not limited to: Bank Secrecy Act, Office of Foreign Assets Control, Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation Improvement Act, Community Reinvestment Act, Consumer Protection Laws and applicable California Civil Code
• Completes all required training courses
• Complies with all bank policies, procedures and regulations
• Contribute to satisfactory results on all internal and external regulatory examinations, reviews and audits
• Ensures compliance with applicable federal and state regulations
• Ensures all sensitive internal and external customer information is properly safeguarded. Use encryption when providing any confidential information by e-mail.
• Provides accurate and timely reports in support of periodic audits by financial and regulatory agenciesSkills:
asp.net, c#, html5, .net core, entity framework, typescript, sqlTop Skills Details:
1. 3-5 years of full stack development experience within .Net/C# (they are moving to .Net Core, so that experience is preferred)
3. Experience doing responsive web-design - prefer mobile/tablet design experienceExperience Level:
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.