Full Stack Developer
6 month contract to hire
GENERAL FUNCTION: Our Midwest banking client is seeking a mid to senior level Full Stack Developer to join an existing squad in the digital commercial space. Being assigned to an agile squad means this role also participates in all agile ceremonies driving activities from design to delivery. Best practices and standards, set by communities of practice, should be followed and work should be documented. This role is also responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies and procedures as defined. This team is looking for a developer coming from a Java based environment with experience consuming RESTFUL based web services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Developer will be responsible for maintaining the mobile and web application for the bank's commercial payment application.
- Designing, building and testing responsive web applications
- Pilot the use of innovative solutions using the latest software libraries.
- Rapidly prototyping solutions based on limited inputs.
- Working in an agile team with back-end software engineers, QA, UX and Product Owners.
- Accurate estimation of effort/complexity of user stories.
- Provide technical knowledge as a developer on an agile squad.
- Work collaboratively with client side developers and architects to design and implement APIs.
- Code with quality by achieving code metrics, testing code, and documenting work.
- Participate in communities of practice by contributing and following standards, reviewing others code, and sharing knowledge.
- Achieve operational excellence by automating processes and writing maintainable, supportable, and testable code.
- Maintain effective partnerships with the Build, Operations and Engineering teams to drive service improvement.
- Remain current on IT trends pertaining to their area of practice (e.g., Agile, DevOps, Operating System updates, frameworks, Open Source community projects).
- Assist with problem resolution for end users of client applications.
- Create and update operations procedures for daily routine management processes.
- Play a key role as an individual contributor on projects of a moderate to high level of complexity.
- Maintain appropriate controls and documentation to ensure compliance of audit requirements.
- Assume additional responsibilities as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or comparable with 3-8 years of experience
- Substantial experience with Java based cloud-native web-app application development using Spring / Spring Boot
- Familiarity with RESTful networking
- Prior experience with knowledge of Git and GitHub
- Familiarity with agile ways of working, both Scrum and Kanban
- Familiarity with pair programming
- Proven experience with Test Driven Development: JUnit, Mockito, Gherkin, Cucumber and Selenium.
- Proven experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines utilizing maven, Jenkins, Artifactory
- Understanding of security best practices
- Strong collaboration skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Angular (2, 5, and/or 7)
- Scrum Methodology
- Spring Boot
- Test Driven Development
NICE TO HAVE:
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.