Full Stack Engineer - Durham, NC
Aerotek's client is hiring full stack engineers to join their growing start-up in the Raleigh/Durham area to support their new technology platform which collects and structures user-generated, environmental, business-related, and machine-generated agricultural data. These data power agile creation, and simple execution of precise planting, fertilization, and crop protection plans that aim to optimize resource use and mitigate the farmer's financial risk. Headquartered in Durham, North Carolina, this company employs a team of data scientists, engineers, developers, business people, and agronomists, serving a rapidly growing customer base across the U.S.
- Building new Web and Mobile Applications from the ground up
- Building and deploying API services to support your applications
- Implementing TDD best practices and test automation for both frontend and backend
- Coordinating with product stakeholders to determine feature requirements
- Coordinating with our Data Architect, DevOps, and Pipeline Engineers to ensure that our API services are performant, scalable and secure
- Leading a team of additional Full Stack Engineers as we continue to grow
- Fostering an environment of continuous improvement
Additional Skills & Qualifications
- 3-7+ years of professional experience with full-stack web development
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Fluency in SQL, Python, and TypeScript
- Extensive knowledge of React, React-Native
- Experience with GraphQL, Socket.io and real-time event streaming
- Experience NodeJS HTTP Frameworks such as Express, Koa and Hapi
- Experience with ORM frameworks such as Sequelize
- Experience with front-end testing frameworks such as Cypress.io
- Experience with the AWS ecosystem and familiarity with services such as ECS, Lambda, and S3
- Experience with Docker and related containerization technologies.
- Desire to work in a small agile team and participate in cross-functional collaboration
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.