Here at Discount Tire, we celebrate the spirit of our people with extraordinary pride and enthusiasm. Our business has been growing for more than 50 years and now is the best time in our history to join us. We are opening more locations every year and we are always looking for qualified individuals to join us in our growth. We are a company that promotes from within, both in our retail and corporate operations.
We are looking for a full-time Functional Analyst I - Supply Chain to join our team. This individual provides business value by evaluating and implementing functionality through process engineering, education and configuration of enterprise applications and technologies. Researches and recommends functional solution design; defines business processes, improvements, and business objectives with particular focus on SAP Retail, Supply Chain and Logistics capabilities and integration points. Maps the solution to business requirements according to standards and program principles.
- Partner with business and IT to ensure continuing delivery of new functionality at a consistent and/or increasing velocity
- Collect, document and analyze work requests to determine sizing and approach for potential solutions
- Provide work intake suggestions for operational or technical improvements in processes
- Provide and vet options as necessary for solutions that address requirements while adhering to best practices around standardization, scalability and usability
- Assist in configuration or partner with development to deliver and unit test quality and efficient functionality
- Provide knowledge transfer and direction to QA as well as oversight for test scenarios, scripts and cases
- Provide knowledge transfer to End Users, Support Team and QA as necessary for any functional change, enhancement or break fix
- Serve as subject matter expert and/or process owner as necessary for Areas of Responsibility for your respective product organization
- Provide documentation as necessary for a solution including but not limited to Business Process Design Documents, Functional Specifications, End User System Procedures, and Business Process flows
- Provide support for functions as necessary including business support, root cause analysis and corrective remediation for escalated problems and incidents
- Provide a can-do attitude with a pragmatic balance of velocity, quality, best practices and prioritization
- This position requires a minimum of one year experience of either supporting or configuring and implementing SAP Materials Management or Retail modules.
- Additional consideration for SAP end users with two years of experience in supporting SAP Supply Chain and Logistics functionalities.
- Strong organizational skills and initiative to improve processes is crucial.
- Ability to identify complex problems, review information to develop and evaluate options then implement solutions is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate across all levels of the organization is necessary; must be able to clearly articulate ideas verbally and in writing.
- Ability to coach end-users is preferred.
- Proven ability to motivate self and others is necessary.
- The ability to work efficiently under pressure, accurately meet deadlines, present a professional demeanor and work well independently is essential.
- Proven ability to collaborate across the Company including the ability to manage and respond to different organizational situations while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude is essential.
- Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect and upholding Company values is key.
This position requires a Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Computer Science, or similar field or equivalent work experience.
Normal work days are Monday through Friday. Occasional Saturdays and Sundays may be necessary.
Normal work hours are 8:00AM to 5:00PM. Occasional overtime (more than 40 hours per week) may be necessary.
The starting wage is dependent upon experience. Remarkable benefits available after 90 days of employment.
Local candidates only please. No staffing agencies.