Here at Discount Tire, we celebrate the spirit of our people with extraordinary pride and enthusiasm. Our business has been growing for more than 60 years and now is the best time in our history to join us. We are opening more locations every year and we are always looking for qualified individuals to join us in our growth. We are a company that promotes from within, both in our retail and corporate operations.
Under general supervision, the Functional Analyst II provides business value by evaluating and implementing additional functionality through configuration, testing, maintaining and deploying SAP Retail software modules and other enterprise business systems.
- Research, recommend and develop functional solution design
- Define business processes, improvements, and business objectives with particular focus on SAP Retail specific software modules and integration points.
- Map the solution to business requirements according to standards and program principles.
- Configure, maintain, and deploy SAP Retail software modules
- Document the configuration, develop and execute test scripts and scenarios
- Create or update processes; consider capacity, limitation and operations times
- Ensure the SAP application’s integration and functionality is clearly articulated; provide expert advice in determining a best practice approach in deploying components
- Ensure adherence to Enterprise best practices and ensures business value is delivered in accordance with business objectives
- Assist Business Systems Analysts in gathering and documenting business requirements and specifications for technical solutions and assist Quality Assurance Analysts in completing testing
- Serve as a Retail Subject Matter Expert (SME) for their area, participate in related projects
- Create and maintain documentation including: Business Process Design (BPD) Documents, Functional Specifications (F-Specs), End User System Procedures, End-to-end Business Process flows, User Stories, Testing Scripts and Scenarios
- Test system updates, supporting user acceptance testing for workflow, reports, interfaces, enhancements, forms, patches, upgrades and maintenance packs
- Act as a liaison between the business and the development team to ensure functional requirements are understood and ensure development requirements integrated
- Assist employees, vendors or other customers by answering questions related to financial processes, procedures and services
- Complete work in a timely and accurate manner while providing exceptional customer service
- Troubleshoot end user and system issues
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum three years of SAP system specific configuration and implementation experience.
- Experience with two or more SAP Retail modules, specifically Master Data, Purchasing, Merchandise Logistics and Sales
- Knowledge of the key integration points with all SAP system specific modules and key design implications is highly desirable.
- Understanding of SAP ECC integration with other SAP systems and non SAP systems is preferred
- Proven understanding of Solution Manager and best practices as applied to design and delivery of solution is necessary.
- Advanced level computer experience, including skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio is necessary.
- Strong organizational skills and initiative to improve processes is crucial.
- Ability to identify complex problems, review information to develop and evaluate options then implement solutions is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate across all levels of the organization is necessary; must be able to clearly articulate ideas verbally and in writing.
- Ability to coach end-users is required.
- Proven ability to motivate self and others is necessary.
- The ability to work efficiently under pressure, accurately meet deadlines, present a professional demeanor and work well independently is essential.
- Proven ability to collaborate across the Company including the ability to manage and respond to different organizational situations while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude is essential.
- Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect and upholding Company values is key.
Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience
Normal work days are Monday through Friday. Occasional Saturdays and Sundays may be necessary.
Normal work hours are 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Occasional overtime (more than forty hours per week) may be necessary.