Title: GIS Developer
Client Location: Remote- Client based in CO
Duration: 6 Month Contract
The GIS Coordination & Development Program (GCDP) is seeking a GIS Developer to support ongoing assessment of broadband deployment. The primary roles of this position are building and maintaining geospatial display and query applications, automation of geospatial processes, automation of the processing and utilization of external data sources and providing analytical support.
Development activities include:
- Assessing current broadband applications; determining application maintenance needs; working with team members to understand requirements and identify improvements
- Working with team members to apply secure programming techniques using standards and best practices; and providing support services as needed.
- Must have strong geospatial analytics and geospatial database management skills.
- Application Development and Support (60%)
- Design custom geospatial applications to increase the functionality of standard ESRI software Manage all application code within version control systems, primarily GIT/Bitbucket
- Develop, configure, publish, and maintain ArcGIS Server REST services Use of ESRI desktop technologies (ArcGIS Desktop, ArcPro) for development, configuration, management, and deployment of custom GIS applications, services, and data stores
- Determine the best approach in the development of an application's code to meet current requirements and anticipate future enhancement needs. Identify and recommend changes to development policies, processes, templates and standard operating procedures to improve the overall quality of work being delivered.
- Create public-facing web maps and data management/hosting applications
- Troubleshoot system performance and resolving complex technology issues
- Data Process Automation (30%)
- Automate GIS data functions for broadband data including data collection, processing, and post-processing Identify process inefficiencies and automate process improvements Scope new tools, technologies, and methodologies to improve processes
- Develop algorithms and methodologies for applications and prioritize requirements for application development.
- Broadband Data Collection and Analysis (10%)
- Design and implement analysis of geospatial information to support broadband related goals including data quality assessment, monitoring and reporting of broadband expansion, and identification of broadband availability and adoption relative to demographic or other information.
- Required: At least 2 years of hands-on programming experience in applications development.
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university in information technology, computer science, Geographic Information Systems, or related fields. (Relevant experience may be substituted for education at the hiring manager's discretion.)
- Documented proficiency working on development platforms, using multiple programming languages. (Provided via copies of performance evaluations, letters of reference, etc.)
- Documented proficiency working collaboratively with teams across the software development life cycle. (Provided via copies of performance evaluations, letters of reference, etc.)
- Familiarity with delivering application prototypes and pilots in various project methodologies such as Agile and Waterfall.
- Familiarity with using Application Programming Interfaces to integrate systems or data sources. Proficiency in time and task management.
- Ability to work in a remote/telecommuting team-based environment Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with ESRI suite of products/ESRI Application development Experience with ArcGIS Enterprise infrastructure including ArcGIS Server, Portal for ArcGIS, ESRI Web App Builder Developer, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Data stores.
- Experience developing and maintaining web services
- Exposure to mobile development is very helpful 1 year experience in Source Control via TFS and/or GitHub Specific tasks/projects (in order of Priority):
- 1. Ookla data: - Create workflow for integrating Ookla speed test data into our production workflow - Create process of automation for ingestion of Ookla speed test data and moving the data through processing
- 2. Improvements to speed test application (using Ookla Custom and ArcGIS Survey123)
- 3. Optimize functionality and usability of current web applications (load time, functions, user experience, mobile-friendly/responsive design)
- 4. Migrate broadband tracking data to SQL DB
- 5. Create methodology for using AGOL webmap resources in the dev, stage, production workflow
- 6. Create a versioned environment for application development
**If this is not a fit for you or you are not interested, Ascent Services Group offers an excellent Referral Bonus! We look forward to hearing from you!
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!