Hargray’ s Mission – To Envision and deliver customer delight
Are you passionate about making a difference in people’s lives? Are you motivated to learn and connect people with cutting edge technology? Do you go the extra mile to provide customer delight?
Do you enjoy a fast-paced work environment where time flies juggling multiple priorities? Then you should join the Outside Plant team with Hargray as a Geographical Information System Specialist!
The individual in this position will be creating maps and graphs, using GIS software and data collection equipment. Perform research to obtain and expand existing datasets. Keep maps updated and ensure all maps are in their proper coordinates.
The Company: For over 70 years, Hargray has been connecting customers to each other and the world, growing from a local phone company to an industry leader providing residential, business, enterprise, and carrier wholesale communications services. Our mission is to envision and deliver customer delight. In addition to our long history of dedication and commitment to our community, we offer benefits for your health, wealth, protection, well-being, time, and more. Our team of almost 600 colleagues across various locations are committed to excellence, delivering the most advanced technology and the best service for our customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support and manage GIS applications based on growing business demands.
- Analyze and resolve system issues in a timely manner.
- Oversee data flow, management and distribution activities to support GIS.
- Support in designing and creating a geospatial database.
- Manage the geospatial database and develop maps and aerial photography.
- Maintain geospatial documentations for reference purposes.
- Assist in preparation of annual budget.
- Work in compliance with GIS standards and quality policies.
- Provide technical guidance to GIS user when needed.
- Assist the technical team in system design and development.
- Stay abreast with the latest developments in the GIS field.
- Support in developing a work plan for complex projects.
- Repair conflation issues where needed
- Associates degree (or higher) and 7 or more years Voice/Data/Video Networking experience
- Preferably knowledgeable with the Bentley software product
- ESRI ArcGIS experience
- Spatial analysis experience
- Experience in Telephony or related fields
- Excellent leadership, customer relations, and communications skills
- Thorough Understanding of the Telecommunications industry and principals.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- PC database, spreadsheet, and word processing skills.
- Advanced working knowledge of construction practices and engineering standards.
- Ability to work in a cooperative and courteous manner with diverse work groups.
- Ability to read and assess fiber and/or HFC designs and prints.