Hiring for GIS Technicians for a small to medium size Utility Company!
*Immediate Need! Apply Now!*
Pay: $20-$30/hr (depending on experience)
The GIS Technician's responsibilities include as-built interpretation, as-built posting to GIS, maintenance of the GIS database, mobile data collection support, communication with field operations and engineers, map production, and occasional CAD work
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain the Esri Gas GIS database as well as quality check the data for inaccuracies.
- Interpret gas transmission & distribution as-built drawings and post to GIS.
- Understand Gas GIS operations and engineering processes as well as the gas assets and their functions.
- Support the Digital As-built program. This means managing and support the system as well as training and support its usage in the field. Produce maps as required for Operations and Maintenance activities, system analysis, marketing, growth projects, etc.
- Effectively communicate with staff at all levels regarding GIS.
- Check accuracy of mapping system via field verification.
- Diagnose software/hardware compatibility issues related to GIS products.
- Utilize Esri tools such as ArcGIS (ArcMap & Pro) Desktop, desktop extensions (e.g. APR), ArcGIS Server, and Esri Portal in order to perform above job functions.
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing® winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.