Directs and manages all plant operations with overall responsibility for safety, environmental, sales, purchasing, production, maintenance, quality and personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and controls profits/loss, business plans and budget restrictions.
- Implements cost effective systems for control over capital, operating expenditures, manpower, wages and salaries.
- Establishes and monitors overall plant performance for production and quality standards while maintaining strict process controls.
- Maintains existing plant facilities and equipment. Replaces or makes adjustments to plant facilities and equipment when necessary.
- Provides leadership and training to accomplish the company goals and objectives.
- Implements and maintains preventative maintenance programs.
- Maintains and enforces OSHA and other safety regulations.
- Assumes primary responsibility for all government regulation compliance including EPA.
- Recommends and implements measures to motivate employees and to improve production methods, equipment performance, product quality or efficiency.
- Ensures customer satisfaction.
PROFILE LEVEL DESCRIPTION
- Provides leadership and direction through managers, supervisors and/or professional staff.
- Is accountable for the performance and results of multiple related functional areas.
- Works on issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives as well as understanding of business objectives.
- Recommends innovation and improvement to policy or procedures under guidelines that require judgment and discretion on issues of significant financial or stakeholder relationship impact.
- Decisions affect mid to long-term operational results delivered.
- Has extensive latitude for decision-making.
Manages the planning, organization, and controls for a major functional area or department. May be responsible for a mix of direct and matrix reports. Approves subordinate's recommendations for staff recruitment, selection, promotion, advancement, corrective action and termination. Effectively recommends same for direct reports to next level management for review and approval. Monitors appropriate staffing levels and reports on utilization and deployment of human resources. Leads and supports staff in areas of staffing, selection, training, development, coaching, mentoring, measuring, appraising and rewarding performance and retention. Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company's values.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Bachelors degree required.
7 to 10 years of experience required.
Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
- Takes the lead in setting new business directions, partnerships, policies or procedures.
- Develops a strategic direction that connects the role of the team to the to the success of AZZ.
- Seeks best practices inside and outside the organization to anticipate change.
- Communicates effectively to a wide variety of audiences at all levels of the organization, comprehending the nuances of both what is said, the delivery mechanism (in person, email, text, telephone, etc.) and how it is said (tone, feelings, and non-verbal cues).
- Takes new initiatives aimed at improving team performance.
ADA PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ADA POSITION REQUIREMENTS
ADA WORKING CONDITIONS
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
None. The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Create Superior Value in a Culture where People can grow and TRAITS matter .
TRAITS are the Values that we want all AZZ employees, and especially leaders, to embody in everything they do. The TRAITS are Trust, Respect, Accountability, Integrity, Teamwork, and Safety. Page 2