The Leidos Intelligence Group is seeking a Geospatial Modeling Engineer to join our dynamic team working on a government site in Reston, Virginia. Our team focuses on the characterization of WMD-related facilities. Candidate must bring a creative, yet sound, approach to identifying and solving challenges with these interrelated systems in a customer setting, and have exceptional attention to detail and a commitment to thoroughness. The successful candidate will work within an interdisciplinary team of government and contractor personnel conducting Weapons of Mass Destruction Analysis. The ideal candidate will have experience creating physical 3-D models and engineering process models with little to no supervision. The candidate possesses an active TS/SCI and will be required to submit for a CI polygraph. Candidate should have the ability think differently, unconventionally, and from a new perspective.
- Performed advance detailed and in-depth research, maintained and updated site characterization of facilities
- Characterization include using all available data and creating new custom datasets when required
- Characterization include; 2-D & 3-D photogrammetry, extraction, mensuration, view-shed, line of sights, force protection, change detection, flood analysis, HLZs, mobility analysis, area statistics, range rings, terrain analysis, shape-files, GeoPDF, mission planning, and detailed facility/compound/scene breakdowns
- Specialized in construction techniques, facilities functions/process to determined structure/equipment layout requirements
- Involved in crisis and quick turn sensitive support at the both Warfighter and senior policy makers levels
- Creating 3-D models of hard target facilities with assessments using NTM and limited intelligences
- Maintained relationships with mission partners and outreach to Other Government Agencies (OGA) with shared problem sets
- Create engineer process models
- Basic understanding webservers concepts
- Assist in creating Research and Development (R&D) requirements
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Proficient in cartography, photogrammetry, photo interpretation, feature extraction, terrain analysis, and creating 3-D models
- Proficient in GOTS and COTS software.
- Required software
- Google Earth
- Advanced knowledge of the Intelligence Community (IC) and supporting DoD structure.
- Technical relevant work experience in an engineering environment.
- Basic web coding knowledge
- Degree in Geospatial or Engineering related field
- Master's degree in related technical disciple and 5-7 years' experience
- Supported advanced Counter Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) missions
- Real world work experience in industrial Facility
- Facility construction experience
- Oversea deployments supporting the IC or DoD
- Advance knowledge of modeling software to include but limited to Solidworks, REVIT, VENTSIM, IMEA
- JAVA, SQL, and C++ Software programming
- Experience working with MIDB and DPOE