Picture yourself at Thomson.
For more than 70 years, Thomson has been a leader in the mechanical motion technology industry, designing, manufacturing, and marketing products highlighted by globally trusted brand names and innovative technologies. In short, we help our customers build better machines to improve lives.
At the core of our success has always been smart, creative and determined people, coming together from diverse backgrounds with tremendous experience and unique abilities. Today, this rings true more than ever for our 1,300 employees at facilities across North America, Europe, and Asia. Our corporate strategy requires that we recruit and develop only the finest people to guide and sustain our business' long-term growth. In return, Thomson offers a challenging, yet fun, work environment and rewarding career opportunities for ambitious and talented individuals.
We invite you to explore the opportunity of advancing your career with Thomson. For more information about us, visit www.thomsonlinear.com.
We are seeking an experienced and driven environmental, health and safety (EH&S) professional to lead EH&S activities globally in a team-centric, fast-paced, and demanding environment in an essential industry. Reporting to the Vice President, Operations, the Global Environmental, Health & Safety Manager plans, directs, and implements EH&S systems and processes to ensure continuous improvement and compliance with country, state and local requirements. In addition, you will partner closely with Operations, HR, Altra Business Systems (ABS), and EH&S leaders to ensure program integration into all aspects of the business using ABS tools and operates within Altra Risk Scoring Management System.
- Significant improvement to top quartile performance in EH&S KPIs including incidents, near misses, and audit findings.
- Implementation of EH&S and CSR certifications where appropriate.
- Adoption of EH&S improvement processes including 4E certification at all Thomson plants.
- Sustained EH&S kaizen activity across the Thomson organization.
- Leadership: Genuine commitment to fostering long-term growth and development of associates, with attention on how to utilize talent to meet current and future business needs.
- Communication: Speaks clearly and effectively, in a persuasive and credible manner, and demonstrates group presentation skills. Ability to prepare technical reports and write procedures.
- Planning & Organizing: Prioritizes and plans work activities. Uses time efficiently and plans for additional resources.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; and develops alternative solutions in group problem solving situations.
- Analysis: Ability to analyze information critically and skillfully, including technical data and proposals.
- Self-Directed: Ability to set and adjust priorities as needed. Internally motivated to achieve expected outcomes. Manages time and resources effectively.
- Project Management: Has the capability to manage multiple projects, teams, and tasks. Develops project plans and coordinate actions. Communicates changes and progress and completes projects on time and budget.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree with focus in Environmental, Health and Safety, or related studies in manufacturing, science, or engineering.
- 10 years of EH&S experience in a manufacturing environment with 3 or more years in a leadership role, implementing EH&S strategy and systems in a multi-site, global environment.
- Experience developing EH&S systems and process control tools.
- Experience with ISO14001 or other EH&S accreditations.
- Experience with LEAN manufacturing, problem-solving techniques, and corrective action processes including 8D, Pareto Analysis, 5-Why technique, and other continuous improvement tools.
- Significant global travel will be required to be effective in this role.
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ''Altra Company.'' Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ''EEO is the Law'' poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email
The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ''Altra Company.'' Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ''EEO is the Law'' poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process will have the opportunity to request accommodation during the application process.