This role is responsible for the strategic sourcing of software, related IT professional services and IT hardware.
- Is responsible for the successful execution of sourcing strategies in an inclusive manner by a matrixed team of sourcing professionals from different geographic, ethnic, cultural, personal, and professional backgrounds.
- Ensures that the teams executing sourcing projects do so in a manner consistent with our strategies and in a manner consistent with Client's standards of business conduct and ethical behavior.
- Brings external perspectives and insights aligned to business objectives and maintains an awareness of market developments.
- Is responsible for directly leading complex business transactions, negotiating associated contracts and resolving complex contract and service issues with suppliers.
- Orchestrates the voices of applicable subject matter experts within Finance, the Law Department, Treasury, Customs and Trade and other groups.
- Identifies and mitigates market, supply, financial, compliance, legal and other forms of risk.
- Ensures compliance with the letter and the spirit of Client policies.
- Maximizes the value Client receives from suppliers.
- Leads the evaluation of supplier Requests for Information/Proposal/Quote and contract negotiations.
- Facilitate and lead appropriate contracting processes from award to completion.
- Manages multiple, complex projects independently.
- B.S. / B. A.
- Minimum of 10 years of business experience.
- Minimum of 6 years of procurement or sales experience.
- An understanding of information technology concepts.
- An understanding of intellectual property concepts (licensing, IP ownership, derivatives, and copyright) general contracting terms, escrow concepts, and the System Development Life Cycle.
- An understanding of common software licensing metrics, software licensing compliance and software maintenance and support concepts.
- An understanding of the software technologies available in the marketplace and associated licensors.
- An understanding of cloud computing service models and trends.
- An understanding of the construction of statements of work (time and material, fixed fee, milestones, deliverables and acceptance criteria).
- An understanding of typical IT consulting roles (technical architect, application developer, etc.).
- Experience negotiating software license, support and maintenance agreements.
- Experience leading/influencing individuals/teams and establishing performance expectations.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a diverse audience using a variety of mediums.
- Project management skills and experience.
- Procurement/sourcing process knowledge.
- An understanding of financial valuation techniques and concepts including management of working capital, cash flow, accrual accounting and revenue recognition.
This 6+ month position starts ASAP.
Please E-MAIL your resume (attachment to email) with rate and availability to Tim: email@example.com
ALPHA'S REQUIREMENT #19-00821
MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S. AS AN HOURLY W2 EMPLOYEE