LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.Basic Function
This position will provide engineering services to LyondellBasell's global manufacturing sites and other departments as needed to support new and existing business interests. The primary focus of this candidate will be to function as a central resource for delivering expertise in the area of machinery including specification, design, manufacturing, inspection, testing and installation. This includes experience in turbomachinery as well as general purpose machinery.Roles & Responsibilities
- Assure that the design and installation of equipment used in our process plants is in accordance with good engineering practices, applicable industry codes/standards, robust quality practices and the company's business needs.
- Provide technical leadership on capital projects and/or lead continuous improvement programs.
- Effectively interface with other groups across the company to gain support for organizational goals then facilitate execution to assure success.
- Assist sites in both troubleshooting complex machinery issues plus preparation, execution and quality assurance of major equipment overhauls.
- Ownership of selective machinery related corporate engineering standards.
- Mentor less experienced engineers.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum 6 years of experience in a chemical, petrochemical, or refining facility with at least 3 years dedicated specifically to machinery
- Strong working knowledge of machinery related industry standards (e.g. API, ANSI, ISO) as they apply to design, analysis, re-rating and alteration of machinery.
- Familiar with condition monitoring systems such as vibration analysis and lubrication analysis.
- Experienced in authoring technical specifications, procedures and other technical documents.
- Demonstrated capability and technical judgment to address routine design requirements as well as the ability to assess the adequacy of non-conforming equipment for its intended use.
- Familiar with the maintenance/overhaul of the critical/main machinery within the petrochemical or refinery processes.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing with internal/external customers.
- Proficient in the English language (verbal & written communication).
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston