LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2020, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the third consecutive year.Basic Function
The Global Process Owner (GPO) is accountable for the assigned end-to-end process overall performance in relation to the established key deliverables. The GPO ensures governance and proactive development and enhancement of their end to end process across the enterprise. The GPO must collaborate with process stakeholders and peer process owners to ensure effective and efficient process operations and identification and leverage of cross process synergies. The GPO also monitors process performance and prioritizes and drives process related investment decisions and implementation, in line with the available IT resources. Additionally, the GPO is accountable for ensuring process compliance with all relevant legislation and company policies. While the GPO will not have direct reports, they must exercise effective leadership by influencing broad groups across the enterprise at various levels of seniority, most importantly those senior to them, and by mobilizing other groups' resources as needed to support initiatives and projects.
Purchase-to-Pay (PTP) process
The GPO for PTP will govern and influence the end-to-end transactional processes related to finance, supply chain, procurement, operations, shared services, technology, data, and performance management throughout the organization impacting the PTP experience for internal customers and colleagues, external vendors, and PTP service providers. The PTP process includes, but is not limited to, the following subprocesses: vendor master data management, trade compliance, requisitioning, purchasing, receiving goods/services, inbound document handling, vendor inquiry management, payment processing, PTP-related accounting and reconciliation, corporate card management, and employee expense reporting and handling.
This role will understand the effect of each subprocess in the global PTP process on other functional areas and drill down into activities that have material impact for PTP success, analyze where bottlenecks and leakages occur, and determine which metrics to measure and improve in order to optimize the customer experience and financial results.Roles & Responsibilities
Establish End-to-End Process Vision and Develop Process Roadmap
- Define and communicate a clear vision and strategy for end to end process across the operating model
- Develop and translate strategy into overall PTP process key deliverables, operational goals, objectives, and process roadmap
- Lead the execution of a global strategy for an end to end process including associated policies and technologies
- Stay abreast of process trends and leading practices occurring in the marketplace to inform strategic direction and process enhancement
Monitor Process Performance and Identify Opportunities
- Develop and review end to end process performance and provide ongoing governance for process adoption and business demand by means of comprehensive formalized Service/Operating Level Agreements
- Participate in Business Process Organization (BPO) committees and other governance boards to provide input on items such as process scope and service delivery and assist in resolving operational issues
- Develop and operationalize applicable reporting and analytics to measure the efficacy and efficiency of assigned end to end process using external benchmarking as appropriate to compare with best in class performers
Prioritize and Secure Funding for Process Improvement Opportunities
- Create a prioritized, metric-driven pipeline of process related improvements and opportunities
- Determine which opportunities to pursue with a focus on reducing process costs, increasing efficiency, enhance the PTP experience and maximizing investment returns
- Build business cases to quantify the cost and value of process opportunities and advocate for funding as necessary
- Identify opportunities for shared service support
Drive Process Improvements
- Drive global deployment and adoption of a standard end to end process, with regional and local requirements customization only when necessary
- Make key decisions related to the process, including target setting, process performance, and financial management
- Drive major process redesign efforts and be accountable for their successful implementation and change management
- Support IT projects that impact the global process
Promote Process Oriented Culture
- Act as a key stakeholder to foster a culture which monitors and meets the needs of the business through process excellence and metric-driven continuous improvement
- Collaborate with corporate functions, data owners/stewards, and peers to ensure standardization and alignment across policy, process, and data
- Collaborate to ensure resources are properly trained on processes, policies, and systems
- Build and maintain relationships at all levels throughout the organization
- Promote shared service solutions and capabilities to other groups, especially for manual transaction processing
Decision Making Capabilities
- Determine how to operationalize process in alignment with strategic vision
- Decide which process improvement opportunities to pursue
- Determine prioritization of process opportunities in pipeline
- Recommend and support enabling technology or shared service decisions for end to end process
- Leadership at the manager/process-owner level in a large, complex global organization with responsibilities for people, process, resources (budget, equipment, intellectual property) and results
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of twelve (12) years of total work experience
- Minimum of seven (7) years management or leadership experience in an international environment
- Strong leadership, teamwork and communication skills plus the ability to manage multiple diverse issues
- Demonstrated ability in several leadership competencies, see Appendix for detailed explanation
- Strong operational/tactical leadership skills with maturing strategic leadership
- Able to build strong partnerships with other leaders.
- Strong work ethic.
- Strong role model - passion for excellence; recognized as impactful leader.
- Ability to drive improvements, results driven.
- Broad experience and understanding of system/SAP disciplines, standards and best practices.
- Proven record of successful implementation of complex solutions.
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance
- Proven excellence in process management skills, change management, six sigma/lean practical experience is desirable (certification is a plus)
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston